Signed, H

**Two Years Ago**
"Hey Hunt," I smiled cheekily as I crawled through his opened window.

"Hey Pipe," he smiled back and quickly slipped his arms around my waist.

"I wrote a new song," he whispered with his lips up against my temple.

"Well do I get to hear it?" I whispered back.

"Yeah just let me get my keyboard and then I'll-"

"Hunter! Come down here! Hurry quick," his mom called from downstairs.

He quickly grabbed my wrist and ran down the stairs with me behind him.

"What? What mom what is it? What's wrong?" Hunter asked, concerned.

"You'll never believe the phone call I just got," she was absolutely hysterical.

"Hunter, that was Atlantic Records. They said they emailed you a month ago," she still had tears running down her face.

I suddenly found my hand squeezing Hunter's tighter because I knew what was coming.

"Yeah I ignored it because I thought it was one of those scam emails."

"Hunter, they want you. Atlantic wants to sign you," She smiled widely at him and his jaw dropped.

"Hunter oh my god that's great," I pulled him into my chest and he squeezed me.

I had to be happy for him. Because I was happy for him but I had to keep my body from shaking because I still knew what was coming.

"We have to move to Nashville. You're gonna finish your senior year online because in a month, you and I are leaving."

He slightly turned to look at me and I quickly wiped the tear from the corner of my eye.

"Congratulations, Hunter," I plastered a smile on my face as I wrapped my arms tightly around him.

"You know I'm so proud of you right?" I whispered as silent tears slid down my cheek.

"Yeah, I know," he whispered back, still holding me to his chest.

"Alright well I'll let you go and be with your family. I'm gonna head home. I'll talk to you later," I smiled as best as I could.

"Okay I'll call you tonight. Love you," he kissed the top of my head before I walked out the door.

I walked across the street trying to hold in my tears until I made it to my room.

"Oh Piper! You're back! Your father and I were gonna go grab some dinner if you hadn't already eaten with Hunter," my mom said as I put my coat on the coat rack.

"I haven't but I'm not really hungry right now. I'll eat something in the house later," I said weakly, trying to end the conversation quickly.

"Okay if that's what you want. We'll be back in about an hour," she smiled before walking out the door, my dad following close behind her.

I ran up the stairs quickly and shut my bedroom door behind me. I practically threw myself on the bed and cried. I didn't know what else to do I couldn't do anything without him. Honestly, I needed him more than my parents. I love my parents but they don't get me like Hunter does. They care about me and they listen but they don't fully understand. He does and- I was pulled out of my thoughts when the door bell rang.

I jogged downstairs and opened the door. I looked around, confused because no one was at the door. And then I looked down and saw a stack of papers. I picked it up and it was about two pages of notebook paper. I shut the door and brought the papers back up stairs to my room and sat down on my bed.

"Dear Piper,
I hate that I'm writing this. I don't want to write it because I know that when I'm finished writing, this letter won't be the only thing that's finished. I was just told that I could have what I've dreamed of, you know that. And you know that music is everything to me and this is so important. I'm taking this opportunity and I'm sure you knew I would. I'm going to Nashville and I'm leaving behind the one person I care the most about. And I honestly hate the thought of it. Yeah we're still just kids but I still love you, Piper and I may not fully even understand what love is but I do know that you mean the most to me. You've been here for me for so long and I'll always be here for you. I've told you this so many times so that's not really the point of this letter. I hate to say it Piper so I'm not going to. But I can't live in a world where the girl I love is six hundred miles away from me. I know our relationship is strong enough to but I don't think I'm strong enough. I hope that one day we'll be together again and that you don't hate which right now I'm sure you do because I'm hurting you and I know it. But someone was gonna get hurt either way, and this is the easiest way. As crazy as it sounds and you probably don't think this is easy at all because it's not because I'm trying to not let my tears hit the paper, but it's the easiest. I love you with everything I have Piper. I'm not gonna try to contact you because I know that it will piss you off. But don't hesitate to contact me. I love you, Pipe.
          -H"