"Don't look at the price, choose whatever you want, I'm paying." Louis told me as I opened the menu. And, just because he said that, I would take the most expensive plate on the menu. Well, he was lucky, because the restaurant was good with the cheep things. And I'm sure Louis did it on purpose.

While I was choosing what to eat, Louis kept on talking about all the details in his life, as always. I found myself smiling and laughing through the whole time. It's not something I would have done this easily in my old days. I was changing, beginning to be someone better. Someone that was maybe worth having a future.

It wasn't until the waitress came back with our plates – a fish and chip for Louis, some penne alfredo for me – that my best friend became serious. Right when I was about to grab my fork, he put his hand over mine.

"How are you holding up lately, Alexis ?" He asked, staring right into my eyes.

Coming from Louis, I knew it was a serious question. And that he wanted a true answer. He didn't wanted me to serve him some crappy bullshit. But, this time, the crappy bullshit was true.

"I'm doing great. Like... Really great. I never thought I would feel this way again. Life... It feels good, you know ?"

He nodded to my words, before giving me back my hand. I took the first bit of my pastas, burning my tongue in the way. Typical me.

"Everything's great with Zayn too, then ?"

"Yeah, everything is perfect. And, if you repeat this to someone, I'm gonna cut your troath without having to think twice about it."

"Oh dear Lord, just say what you need to say Alex !" He laughed and I looked at him with all the seriousness I was able to have. "Okay okay... I swear I'm never going to say a word about this thing I don't know about !"

"Better." I told him, before looking down to my plate. I felt my cheek going red from the confession I was about to make. "I think... I think he's the one. Not just the one I will not forget, but The One. The one that's going to be by my side at the end of my life. And I'm afraid to lose him first, because I don't know what I would do without him... I won't make it back, this time. If he goes before me..." I closed my eyes, bit my lip. No, that was something I just couldn't picture. I needed to go before Zayn. I wouldn't be able to bear the pain of losing him.

"He loves you too, Alex. He loves you so much. You two are giving me hope."

I looked up to him, staring right into his blue eyes. I had never seen him this sincere.

...

Sun was shinning when I woke up next to Louis. The night had been typical us – drinking and partying. But I kept my level of alcohol pretty much low, preferring the diet coke to my usual rum and coke. I found Louis smiling when he saw me refusing a joint from some random guy. Yeah, I was actually growing up a bit.

Louis slowly emerged from his sleepy state, turning around so he would face me. God, he was looking so young and stupid ! I tried to hold back my laugher, but it was too late.

"You're such a bitch Alex, oh my God !" Louis grumbled, as if he was reading my mind. He turned back to his stomach, reaching out for his phone. When he found it, he let out a deep breath. "I'll have to leave. I wish I could stay longer, but I'm working tonight."

"Poor little baby. The adult world is so difficult !"

"Stop laughing and get your little butt up if you want me to drop you off at Zayn's."

He didn't needed to say it twice. There was no way I was coming back from this place walking all alone.

...

I was on the front yard, Louis was just about to leave town. I waved at him, as he screamed at the top of his voice : "Mucho love Alexis Dubois !"

"Yeah, I hate you too Louis !" I laughed as he left the driveway and drove away. Right before entering the house, I typed a short message for him and sent it.

"No, for real... I love you best bud. :) xxx"

This one day with Louis made me forget about the bad things that had happened earlier this week. I stepped inside of the house, smiling to Trisha that was already baking something for us to eat.

"Hey, Alexis. Had a good time ?"

"Yes, it was pretty cool. Is Zayn home ?" I asked and she answered me before I could untied my shoes.

"He went to see Safaa."

"Do you think I should leave him alone then ?"

And, just by her face, I knew that it was better for me to go join him. I smiled at her and rushed back outside.

...

I hided my face in the collar of my sweatshirt as I was walking up the aisle. The wind was cold as fuck and I clearly wasn't dressed enough for the weather. I joined Zayn, sitting on the grass next to him. Safaa's grave looked nice, comparing to others. It still had flowers, she was still remembered. I grabbed Zayn's hand in mine, holding it tight. Meaning that, whatever was going wrong, I was there. That I would never leave him.

"Had fun with Louis ?" He asked after a few minutes of silence, not looking at me.

The only mention of my best friend brought a smile back to my face. "Yeah, it was great. We had just so much fun ! Like, we went to the theater and we did some random shit, it was so funny to see..." I stopped myself when I saw the face he was making. "Hey, is everything alright ?" He nodded and smiled, but I could see it was fake. "Jealous a bit ?" I asked, and couldn't help myself but to smile.

"Yeah, totally..." He whispered and and I felt my heart melt. I always thought jealousy wasn't cute, but coming from Zayn... It totally was.

"No need to. I only want you, Zayn." And, with those words, I leaned in to kiss him. His arms wrapped themselves around my waist, holding me close to him. The kiss was soft but, when we separated our lips, we were both out of breath. We laughed, because... Well, we had just kissed in the middle of a graveyard, which was a bit random. Zayn kissed my forehead and I laid my cheek on his shoulder.

"Next week-end, it's going to be just the two of us." I said. "I'm going to show you how we had fun, back in Doncaster."

-----