I Need You Safe

Hey guys. As an author I apologize for keeping you all waiting for so long. I experienced a writers block and didn't know how to move forward. However, I am proud to say that the block is gone and I have written many chapters to keep you all glued to the screen. Here is the next chapter you've all been waiting for. It is short but do not fret. For my absence I will be updating tomorrow. 

Isadora waited for Liam to finish. He nodded his head. "Well I know all about the war. Now before I start I need for all of you to understand that it was not my doing. Also, I will take care of the spirits. I have a friend who deals with the dead." 

Victor perched up in his chair and put his other hand on Isadora's waist. "Well now you have my undivided attention love." He winked at her and she blushed. Liam cleared his throat and Isadora continued. "The demons that you are all fighting were once vampires." 

Outburst erupted throughout the conference room. Victor held his hand up and all of noises ceased. He nodded his head for Isadora to continue. "A long time ago, Hades decided to create powerful demons that could blend in with human society and procreate." 

"The demons were able to easily take human souls because the humans were drawn to them. The demons were too appealing to the human eye. Humans were dropping left and right. Thor went to my mother for help and at first she refused. She had her own wars going on amongst her children." 

"But the vampires soon wanted power and began wars with the other supernatural being. The centaurs were the first, then the elves, then the dwarves." 

"My mother couldn't take much more, so she and Thor devised a plan and she cursed the demons. The curse was that if they were to drink the last drop that they would be consumed by their very own darkness, trapped in it and weakened."

A thin man with black hair and brown eyes shook his head. "I don't understand. If this is true, then why do we not know of this? It would have been documented in our archives. It would have been a story told for generations to hear." Isadora looked at Liam, Kent, and Al. 

When they all remained silent she sighed. "My mother made sure that the vampires couldn't tell anyone what happened. It was completely lost in their minds. All they knew as time went on was to never drink the last drop, but could never explain why." 

"It was a few decades later that the first vampire king decided to make an assumption to ease his people's minds. He decided that it would be documented and passed by law that if a vampire were to ever drink the last drop he would burn." 

"To further get his people to believe this he set examples for the vampires who decided to drink anyway. He contacted many fae to help him, but all turned him down." 

"One day a cloaked man showed up at his castle and offered his assistance, just as long as they had an agreement to never attack the fae again if war were to occur. The king gave a blood oath that bound him to the terms."

"That very night the fae and some of the King's top men followed and burned the rogue vampires that drank the last drop. They would leave the bodies of the rogue's victims next to the piles of ash, so that other vampires would see for themselves that their King's words rang true." 

The leader of the D.C. faction spoke up. "So, let me get this straight. The King devised this elaborate plan so that we wouldn't drink the last drop when all he had to do was say don't do it?" The brown-haired vampire asked. Liam laughed. 

"He had to put fear in his people you idiot. If no one knew why, don't you think the curiosity would get the best of some people?" The man smacked his forehead. "Ooo now that makes sense." The blond she-vamp decided to chime in.