By the time the bell rang the students rushed out as their life depended on how fast they left the classroom, I just took my time putting my stuff away which also meant I had a few more seconds of admiring Daniella's perfect derriere as she cleaned the board, after she was done with it she turned around seeing I was the only one left.

"Mind coming for detention later today?" She asked as she went back to her desk and sat down.

"Sure, did I misbehave?" I asked smirking getting closer to her desk.

"If I counted every time you came in late or talked in my class you'd have detention every day until the end of the year, but no, it isn't because of your constant misbehaviour."

"May I know what it is about then?"

"No, now get out of my classroom," she said simply not sparing me a glance as she organized the papers on her desk.

"Rude," I murmured as I left.

I wonder what it is about tho, she didn't look angry or anything, maybe she's finally going to help me out with studying? I surely hope so.

I was a little bit anxious about her suddenly asking me to meet her, Daniella is a little bipolar so it could just be anything, maybe I'm just overthinking.

I found myself getting more and more nervous as the hours went by.

"Thinking about something interesting?" Jenny said appearing in front of me as I was walking to the detention room, I'm pretty sure she was walking my way but I was so consumed in my thoughts I didn't see her.

"Nothing in particular," I said giving her a small smile.

"You're not going out?" She asked pointing to the main corridor that leads to the front doors, I was going the opposite way.

"I have detention," I blurted the first thing that came to mind.

"That sucks," she chuckled. "Well, don't be late," she concluded giving me a small wave and walking away and just like that the bell rang.

"You're late," Daniella said as I walked into her classroom.

"Sorry," I smirked walking to one of the front desks but being quickly stoped by Daniella's arm blocking my way.

"I want to take you somewhere," she said simply.

"That sounds interesting, kinda romantic," I joked earning a glare from her.

"Just come," she sighed picking her stuff and walking straight away.

"Will you take me to eat? I would honestly marry you."

"I'm not."

"Bummer," I chuckled as I sat beside her on her car. "Won't you give me a clue?"

"Won't you shut up?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"I'm curious... Is this a date?"

"Are you 10?"

"No?" I answered her rhetorical question as she parked the car in the hospital parking lot. "Are you taking me to see Ed?" I asked a little confused.

"I'm taking you to meet my mom," she groaned as we walked together to the front doors.

"What?!" Was all I could mutter.

I awkwardly followed Daniella to her mom's room, she knocked softly on her door and opened it, laid on the bed was the same lady I saw a few months back, it's her mom after all.

"Oh, so this is Anna, such a lovely young woman," the lady said once we walked further into the room. "I thought Dani would never bring you over even though I've been asking her to for a long time."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Evans," I said blushing a little.

"Please call me Julia, Ed talked a lot about you."

"Good things I hope," I chuckled.

"Wonderful things," she said patting the chair beside her bed inviting me to sit.

Julia and I talked a lot while Daniella just stood there with her back rested on the wall without saying a word and just groaning all the time. Lucia is an amazing woman, sweet, caring and her words were delicate which is basically Daniella's complete opposite. An angel basically gave birth to a demon.

"Come by another time," Julia said as we bid her goodbye. "Take care of my daughter, sweetheart."

"I'll definitely come by, Julia and don't worry, I've got it." I waved my hand as Daniella pretty much pushed me out of the room. "Your mom is so sweet, she's nothing like you," I said grabbing her arm once we were out in the hallway.

"Yeah, whatever," she said rolling her eyes and taking my hands away from her arm.

"Since we are here let me take you to meet Ed," I said taking her arm again and guiding her to his room. "Julia said she didn't see him today yet, I wonder if there's something wrong with his wheelchair, he's always so energetic."

"He's old, I bet he has been sleeping all day."

"That would be something I would do but definitely not Ed," I said now getting a little worried.

I knocked our secret passcode on his door but I didn't hear anything from inside.

A second time, nothing.

"Maybe he's not in his room," Daniella suggested. "Let's ask someone." I just nodded my head.

We walked a little until we found a nurse walking to the corridors.

"May I help you with something?"

"Yes, do you happen to know where's Edward Zimmerman, from room 47?" I asked getting more anxious by the second.

"Are you his relative?" She asked raising one eyebrow.

"We're friends, I've been visiting him every week."

"Mr Zimmerman had breathing complications last night and was taken this morning to the emergency department, I can't give you more details unless you're related to him."

"Thank you," Daniella said as the nurse wandered off because I just couldn't bring myself to say anything, I just stood there. "He's going to be fine," Daniella tried to assure me grabbing my hand. "Anna, he's going to be fine," she repeated when I didn't answer her bringing me into a hug.

He's going to be fine, I repeated on my head.

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)