Motherhood

I read through the last pages of "Motherhood for 1st timers" while rubbing my belly. After this I'm not sure why our population is as high as it is. Pregnancy is difficult as it is but labor, oh god.

I got up and made my way to the living room. I saw Tara cuddled up with Tolly on the couch watching some crime show.

"I'm going for a walk, do you want anything?" I asked.

"I called in an order for Chinese I was gonna pick it up but since you're going out can you?" I nodded and made my way of the door.

"Oh oh oh, can you take Tolly for a walk please. He hasn't been out since this morning and I don't want to encounter any poop or pee puddles." I smiled and grabbed Tolly's leash which signaled him to come running to me and chasing his tail in excitment.
___________________
Making my way back to the apartment I kept thinking about birth.

How much will it hurt? What kind of way do I want to have the baby? Hospital? Home? Water birth? What if something happens to the baby? What if the baby isn't facing the right way further in my pregnancy?  Do I wanna do a silent birth? Epidural or natural? How long of a labor will it be?

I was now 4 months pregnant and in about 5-6 months I wouldn't have time to think about them, I would just have to do. I sat down on the sidewalk bench and rubbed my belly.

"I don't know exactly when... but you're going to be out of there soon. And when you are, you will be the endless light of my life." A tear rolled down my cheek and I smiled. "I'll always be by your side. So will your daddy, somewhere In heaven he will be looking over you, right Tolly?" Tolly rubbed his head against my leg and sat down in between them.

When walking the rest of the way to pick up the food I passed a pregnant lady sitting on a bench. Unlike my starting to grow bump, hers was much much bigger.

"Congratulations" I said. She looked up and smiled.

"You too." She said looking at my belly. "How far are along are you?"

"4 months and I think a week or so. How about you?"

"I'm 9 months and a week. He's due any minute now. I'm just waiting and waiting to meet my little baby Damon." She said smiling rubbing her belly. "Do you know if you're having a boy or girl yet?" I shook my head.

"Are you nervous about giving birth?" She laughed and nodded her head.

"Very. But I know that at the end of the labor, I'll be rewarded with the best thing that has ever happened to me. My son." I smiled at her and looked at the way she caressed her belly. "All the stress and pain is worth it when you're giving birth to someone that will love you forever if you do it all right."

I smiled. Yea. If I do it all right.