Chapter 6

I opened the door to my apartment and checked the time. It was 6:40, my house was a mess, and Tara would be here soon. I changed out of my clothes into some shorts and a t-shirt then tied my hair into pony tail.

Looking at myself in the mirror, my eyes drifted to the picture frames on my dresser of me and Tyler. Unlike me, Tyler had dark brown skin compared to my pale skin, and short curly dark brown hair to my long straight light brown hair. Some people would criticize us and tell us to date withing our race, but I was never a fan of that. Tyler was perfect for me the way he was.

I walked out the bedroom and looked around. There was papers, wrappers, bottles, and plates all over. I turned on music and got to work.
______________________

By the time I plopped down into the couch I had already cleaned the whole place, the 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, all 3 rooms, and taken a shower. It was 8:32 and Tara would be here any minute. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. I answered and there was Tara with a big suitcase and duffle bag in her hand.

"A hand please? There's like 2 more suitcases, and I brought Tolly!" Tolly was Tara's new puppy she got like 3 months ago. I nodded, took her keys, and walked down the stairs.

After bringing up all her bags and Tolly I went in the room to help her unpack.

"Lyla, I can't wait until tomorrow to talk to you about the baby. I'm sorry I can't it's all that's on my mind." I nodded my head.

"Well Tara, there's not much to discuss, I'm giving the baby up for adoption, and I need your help with finding a family and adopting agencies." Tara shook her head.

"No, are you stupid? You're going to give this baby up because Tyler is gone? This is the only REAL thing that exist from you and Tyler's love, and you're just going to give it away? I'm not letting you do that."

"It's not your baby to being with. And yes I already told Tyler, and guess what? He's dead, so he can't to anything about it!" My hands started shaking and I felt my throat swell up with the wanting to cry.

"Listen, I know you're going through a lot of things Lyla. But I'm your best friend and I'm not going to baby you. You've spent weeks crammed up in this place crying over him. Back then, you could do that because you were mourning and didn't have to look after anyone but yourself. But now, you found out you're pregnant. So you're not alone anymore. Tyler is apart of that baby and that baby is apart of you. So if you give this baby up, you're letting him go, you're letting yourself be alone, and you'll never forgive yourself."

My eyes watered and I blinked them back away.

"Well Tara, I don't know what to tell you. I can't raise a baby alone. I'm not bringing this baby in the world when I have noone-"

"YOU'RE NOT ALONE! STOP SAYING THAT! I'M HERE FOR YOU AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN!" she paused. "This baby- if you-" she stood up and walked to me grabbing my hands. "You will have this baby, grow up, thinking they weren't good enough for their parents. Do you really want that? And while they're there thinking that, you're going to be wondering how life would be if you kept that baby. Should I reach out to them, but then you remember you cant. And in that moment you can really say you are alone. Because you won't have Tyler, you won't have the baby, and you won't have me. Not like you do now."

"Tara, you can't do that to me. You can't leave me to. I've been through a lot already and you're the

"No, you have the baby. You have both of us, which is why you can't give it away. You are the strongest person I know which is why I love you and look up to you so much, which is why you can't do this. Lyla, please don't. For me, for future you, for Tyler, and for the baby itself."

My eyes piled enough tears to have them rolling down my cheeks. I sat down on the bed and just let them fall.

I can't do this. But I have Tara she could help with the baby. But I don't have Tyler. What would Tyler want me to do?

Tara walked to one of the crates and took out a small box and handed it to me.

"What is this?" I asked wiping my eyes and grabbing the box.

"They're letters. Tyler gave them to me every time he left or he would just send them to me. They're for you, he sent them just in case he... and just in case he did he did he wanted me to give them to you when the time was right. To me, this is the right time."

She walked out the room and I stared blankly at the box. Opening the lid I saw folded papers and there had to be at least 7. My tears dropped down on the paper and I wiped my face and picked up the first one. And started to read.