Chapter 37

The last place I wanted to be right now was school, but I refuse to be like my mom and lay around like a sad puppy. I'm better than that and I'm stronger than her. At least I'm trying to act like it. So I dressed like I normally do in a cute outfit and did my hair in wavy curls like I normally do and went to school like everything was fine. I was still sad. I was still angry but I didn't let it bother me. Kade wasn't even in school today and he hasn't text me since last night. I get that he was mad at me but I honestly need him right now. I don't think I can't possibly get through this without him. I had to push him away though. I'm use to doing that. I just can't get what he said out of my head.

"I hate to see you like this Payton. I can't and I won't."m

I flinch at the memories and continue getting my books from my locker.

"Hey beautiful" Colin whispers wrapping his arms around my waist.

I smiled feeling safe in his arms "Hey."

He kissed the top of my head and spun me around to face him. My smile was still on my face and he stroke my cheek.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked

I nodded my head "yeah I am sorry I haven't called you I just needed to be alone I hope you understand that."

"Yeah totally I don't want to be that boyfriend that smothers you all, but I do want to be that boyfriend that is there for you at your lowest times." He says

"I know I can count on you for anything." I closed my locker and then gave him a kiss that seem like it last forever.

He pulled away and wrapped his arm around my shoulders

"Come on let me walk to class."

"Don't you always." I teased and he chuckled

Even though I was with Colin I still couldn't stop thinking about Kade. I was worried about him. I didn't want him to be mad at me anymore.

I guess I'll just have to forget for now

+++

By fourth period I wanted to go home. I was feeling sick being surrounded by everyone. Even though fourth period was my favorite period I wasn't feeling it today. I sat down at my assign seat and turned around. The behind me was empty and it made me sad. I hate that he wasn't here because of me. I turned back around as soon as Mr. Pitch.

"Okay class today we are going to learn about what it means to be a writer."

This should be interesting.

"Some of you are in this class just because guidance put you here and some of you actually want to become a writer." He continued "In your life you will have to write no matter what. Not necessarily stories but writing bills or letters or whatever. Writing is a skill that should be perfected."

Okay and?

"Being a writer isn't easy as it sounds. When I read some of your stories I can tell if you really tried or not. I can tell by the emotion and effort that you guys put in to your work,"

For example me.

"To be a writer you must put your feelings into your work. The best writers are the writers that poor their heart out into their writing. Who want to take that skill and perfect it. Without those feelings that you probably keep bottle up inside your writing won't seem real. You need to make it real. You need to make it seem real."

Now I'm listening.

"Some of you are probably not good with saying your feelings. Some of you prefer not to talk about it at all. It's okay. We are human and we aren't good when it comes to feelings, but the best way to express your feelings is in your writing. Without that your writing has lost it motive. It's theme."