chapter one

NIALLS POV

I vaguely remembered one of the girls walking past my house, from when me and mum went to the school to talk to the headmaster, about me joining the school, last weekend. I decided that seeing as I hardly know my way to school anyway, I would just slowly trail behind her and her friends.

The whole walk to school wasn't as long as I expected, but still long enough to hear about all this girls gossip that her and her clique were talking about. Although, it wasn't really her speaking as much, more the other three girls.

Rosie, (which I believe is her name, seeing as her friends keep calling her it,) seemed like quite a nice girl to me. But, I could never be friends with a 'nice' person again. Not after what happened last time in school.

It was when I started at my last school, and got assigned a pupil to shadow. For some reason, my bitch of a tutor, decided it would be good for me, a nerdy ugly loser, to shadow a boy called Sam, a stuck up sporty snob, who also turned out to be the most popular guy in the year.

He was okay to me for the first week, as he let me sit with him and his friends in class, and hang around with him at lunch, but he turned into a right arse once I was supposed to stopped shadowing him.

Him and his friends starting being mean to me for no reason. I had never done anything to them, if anything I was extremely nice to them. They started to-

"-Niall Horan?" the bubbly school receptionist asked, stopping me from my thoughts. I didn't even realise where I was, I was still just following Rosie's clique.

Once I realised what was going on, I took I glance at the lady. She seemed nice. She had a big smile on her face, bright green eyes, and platinum blond hair.

"Err.. Y-Yes, why?" I responded, trying not to sound nervous, even though I was nearly shaking, and was actually petrified. The only reason I was scared was because I was thinking about someone coming and attacking me any minute now.

"I just have some stuff for you, to help you get through your time here at Green Cliff High" she said, whilst handing me a pencil case with pens and pencils already in it, a school planner, and a little map of the different classrooms and halls.

"Thank you... Oh, could you maybe help me find my tutor class? Mr Sharp?" I asked, whilst throwing her a weak smile.

"That's okay," she winked back at me, "...and its room N26.It's on the top floor of the north block" she said with a gentle smile, before answering a call on the school phone. I smiled back at her, before heading off, to get to the north block of the school.

Whilst I was walking there, I was taking in all the different social groups, thinking about how happy they all looked, (probably because its a Friday,) and about much I wouldn't fit in with any of them.

It turned out that the girl Rosie is also in the same tutor as me, because when i eventually found the classroom, her, her friends, and whom I'm presuming is her boyfriend, seeing as she's sucking his face off, where all sitting at the front of the class, with no teacher in the room. I quickly scurried past them, and found an empty seat by the window at the back of the class.

I sat down, opened up my backpack, and got the apple out that i put in my bag earlier, and took a look at my watch. It was a present that Greg go me for my birthday, and it was a gold, shiny, Armani analog watch. He told me that it wasn't that much, but i beg to differ, seeing as it says '24 karat' on the back of it.

The time was 8:40. That's okay, as i now have time to eat my apple. I started biting into it, but a boy came and sat next to me, who seemed nice.

''Hey, are you new here?'' The boy asked, and i almost shivered at how deep and sickly sweet his voice sounded.

''Yeah, i just joined today.'' I replied with a small smile.

I shouldn't be to friendly with anybody, (even though i told mum i would try and make friends,) because what if it becomes a repeat of what happened at Brighton, with Sam and his friends. Well ,actually, i can't just blame them, seeing as most of the school joined in on their 'funny' antics.

''Oh that's cool. My name's Max, whats yours?'' The boy said with a plastered smile, and a fake sense of interest. Telling him my name wouldn't hurt would it? People will find out my name eventually?

''Err... N-Niall H-Ho-Horan..'' I finally managed to say. I don't know why i was so worried about him, he seemed like quite a nice-

''-HEY EVERYONE, THIS FAGS CALLED NIALL, WHAT A GAY NAME!'' Great. Everybody that was already in the room started to laugh at me, and he made his way over to Rosie's clique. I was for sure wrong about him being nice.

I just sat there. Alone. Again, with no friends yet. It seemed like i had been sitting there for hours, but in reality was only about 10 minutes.

The teacher finally arrived once the bell started to ring, and i came a few more pupils that i presumed were late. All off them took a glance at me, and turned straight back in the direction they were walking. None of them said hello. None of them even smiled at me. Now i know that im definitely not going to make any friends here. It would just be like all my other schools.

The teacher started the register, and once he reached my name, he looked around for me, eventually finding me.

''Niall, it's nice for you to be a new member of our tutor... Right class?'' He asked over enthusiastically, with no responce what so ever from the class. I felt so stupid. I felt so unwanted, and unloved.

''Well anyway, i's nice to meet you-'' Mr Sharp was cut off by a knock on the door. He went and opened it, and stood in the doorway, so nobody could peep out at who it was. I could see though.

It was a tall boy, with long brown hair, and bright chesnut-coloured eyes. He had a cute little button nose, and a visible birthmark on the front of his neck. He was amazing. His burgandy t-shirt hugged his toned body perfectly, and his skinny black jeans fit him nice and snug. What am i doing, i cant be thinking about someone who ive never even spoke to, like this. He was for sure a popular. If anything, he looked like he could be the most popular im our year, or maybe even the school.

Mr Sharp finally let the boy in, and to my suprise, he completely blanked the cool kids at the front of the class, and walked past them with his head directed to the floor. What happened next really, really suprised me.

"Hey dweeb, why are you late!?'' Max pretty much shouted at him, before being silanced by sir.

The boy kept his head straight down and headed to the back of the class, where I was sitting. He looked up, and saw me. We gazed at each other for a second, and he smiled, and sat next to me.

We waited for the teacher to finish reading out the register, while i got out my planner, to see where i was first period. I wasn't exactly paying attention to what i was doing though, as all i could think about was how he was being treated badly by Max. I wouldn't have ever expected him to be the person receiving abuse from anybody. He was so cute, and didn't seem like a horrible person or anything, so i didn't understand why anyone would be horrible to him.

Out of nowhere, the boys arm reached into my bag and grabbed my planner. He flicked the first few of the book open, and reached the page he was looking for. 

''You have Science first, and you're in Mrs Watts class, in E12.'' The boy told me, and put a small smile on his face when i nodded at him and took my planner out his hands, and back into my rucksack. As i took it out his hand, I accidently touched his wrist, which sent fireworks all through my body. I shouldn't be feeling like this i dont even know the boy. I tried not to show any evidence of the feelings i had, but i think it was obvious, as he had a big grin on his face, which quickly changed.

"Im Liam by the way... What's your name? I'm guessing you're new here... It's just i've never seen you before?" he asked with a sense of genuine interest, and worry. I didn't know what to do. Should I respond, or will I just have a repeat of earlier?!

"I'm Niall, nice to meet you, Liam. And, yeah, I joined today." Oh my god, what am I doing. I've only just met him, i can't feel like this over him!

"Nice to meet you too Niall, wanna walk to science with me? I only just released that we're in the same class." He offered with a big smile. Oh god that smile! He was gorgeous! I couldn't resist...

"Yeah, sure." I responded, with a smile almost as big as his.