prologue

NIALLS POV

''Niall...''

''Niall''

''NIALL, WAKE UP, YOU'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL'' Mum shouted at me in an attempt to wake me up. It was my first day at this new school, so i didn't really want to be late, even though this bed is so comfy at the moment.

''Niall, come on. I know that you've never really liked school, but at least try it here?'' She was right. I had never liked school. I took a deep breath, and sighed.

''Alright mum, im sorry. What's the time, and when do i have to be there?'' I asked, even though i really didnt care about school, and really didnt want to go.

''Its 7:45 now, and you've got to be at school at 8:45. Oh, and school finishes at 3:45.'' She said, plastering a smile on her face. She knew just as much as i did that i wouldnt get on here, but she always tried to be positive.

I hate school. I never make any friends, so i get bullied because of that. For some reason or another, people are definate that i'm gay, so i get bullied because of that. People think im ugly, so i get bullied because of that. I also like to draw, so people used to steal my sketchbooks out of my bag, and bully me because of that. I seems to me, like they do it not because there's stuff wrong with me, but more just because im an easy target, and the fact that i'm not strong enough to stand up for myself.

I love to draw. Its how i escape reality and block out the rest of the world. Aswell as music. I would just sit in my room, drawing, whilst singing along to whatever song was playing.

At my last school, in Brighton, people somehow got the idea that i self harm. The rumours people were spreading were true though. This was when i was at my worst. They made me feel like a peice of dirt on the bottom of their shoes. Most of the time, i was alone, never happy, and i even thought about suicide at one point. I thought that nobody cared, that no one would even recognise that i'd have gone, and most days, i would just cry as soon as i got home from school. Nobody knew about anything, because my parents always worked late, and my big brother Greg was at university, so he was only home maybe once a month.

I got up out of my bed, grabbed a pair of blue mid-wash skinny jeans, a pair of black puma suedes, and a plain black t-shirt. I always thought i had a nice dress sense, even when people made fun of how i looked. I mainly get my ideas for types of clothes from Greg, since he was always one of the most popular people in whichever school we went to, and I always thought what he wore was nice.

He was always really nice to me, and we'd never fight like other siblings, we got on soooo well. He also used to help me escape beatings from the bullies, but he's been gone for a few months now, and at the last school in brighton, i was even more alone than i was in my previous schools, because greg wasn't there.

I guess that's why school, and the bullies, hit me so hard at the time. I'd never had to go to school completely alone, greg was there most of the time to help protect me from people.

Now i had to face a school, full of ignorant, stuck up, jerks. Alone.

As i walked out of my room, i checked the clock. 8:10. Good, i wont be late if i walk fast enough. I headed down the stairs, grabbed the toast that mum had made me, and put an apple in my bag, just incase the toast isn't enough. I had a quick glass of water, and headed towards the front door.

''Niall...'' My mum said, looking sad, yet confused.

''Yes?'' I said with a fake smile.

''Please try and be social. And try and be friends with people, you'll never know who you can get along with. Not evebody's horrible, and i hate seeing you alone. It breaks my heart Niall. So please, Just try, for me?'' My mum said with her eyes glistening from the kitchen light and the fresh sheet of tears that cover her eyes.

''Okay mum. But for you.'' I said with an awkward smile, and headed out the door, to be greeted by the hot air, and the noise of people screaming.