Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

I smiled and walked in with him. Obviously no one knew who he was because they didn't make a big deal of him being there.

"What can I get you today?" The cashier asked. She had dyed red hair pulled up in a messy ponytail and she was chewing her green gum loudly and pipping bubbles with it.

"I'll have a chocolate milkshake." I say.

"I'll also have a chocolate milkshake."

"Small or what?" She asks, talking her long, fake, black finger nail against the counter.

"Medium's fine." I say.

"Alright. That'd be $5.21."

Billi handed her a $5 bill and a quarter from his wallet and said, "Keep the change."

"Whatever." She said, clearly unhappy with her job.

We sat and a table and waited for our order.

"Maybe she'd have more fun if she knew who you were." I state.

"She seems like the kind of person who'd listen to us."

"Maybe she's a Justin Bieber fan." I say.

"Oh, God. Please don't ever say that again. Save my ears." He says as he covers his ears.

I laugh and say, "Okay, okay."

We wait in silence before our order gets called.

"Hold on." Billie says as he goes up there.

I hear him ask the cashier a question.

"Do you listen to Green Day?"

I hear her scoff. "No, are we in the 90's or something? I listen to Slipknot."

He laughs. "Well that explains it."

He walks back with two milkshakes and I hear the girl ask, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Billie ignored her and set a milkshake in front of me.

"Did you spit in this?" I ask jokingly.

"Maybe." He says, wiggling his eyebrows.

I drink it anyway. When I got done, Billie was ready to go. He was getting dirty looks from the Slipknot fan.

I threw my empty cup away and we left, deciding to go to the mall after.

"I wanna take you to a store."

I look at him. "What store?"

"A guitar store. I'm getting you a guitar."

"I don't know how to play though!" I protested.

"Doesn't matter. I'll teach you."

I sighed as he drove to the mall down the road. When we got there, I saw a familiar car.

Riley Stevens.

One of the girls who beat me up.

It was only 1 though!

I pulled my phone out and looked at the time.

It was 3:41.

Shit, where'd the time go?

Billie leads me into the mall, getting stares from shoppers who knew who he was.

We walked into the music store and we saw a guy my age wearing a Green Day shirt.

Billie smirked. "I like your shirt, kid."

The kid looked behind him and dropped the My Chemical Romance CD he had picked out.

"Oh my God, it's you. You're standing in front of me. My hero. No way. No. Way."

Billie smiled and looked at me. "At least someone knows who I am."

The kid looked at me. "Are you Billie's new daughter?"

I nodded.

"You're so lucky." He said. I nodded and smiled, knowing I was.

Who else can saw their dad is Billie Joe Armstrong?

Oh right. Me, Joey, and Jakob.

We stayed there for a minute, the new kid shifting in his spot and picking up the My Chemical Romance CD off the floor.

"I should be going. My mom's expecting me at 4." The kid said.

Billie nodded and said, "Nice seeing you."

The kid looked at him and nodded, clearly confused, then walked off. Once he left the store, me and Billie fell into fits of laughter.

"He was so confused!!" Billie said laughing.

"Only a couple celebrities can say they talk to their fans like they've known them their whole lives." I say, holding my sides from laughing.

After our laughing session, Billie picked me out a black guitar. It was absolutely beautiful.

It was absolutely expensive also.

Billie and I took it to the car and locked it in there. Then we walked back in the mall. I noticed Riley was still here.

We walked around and rode up and down the escalators. We acted like teenagers in Walmart.

That was until I saw Riley and her gang.

Oh god.

Riley smirked and pulled out her phone and took a picture of me and Billie.

"Look," Billie said pointing. "They know who I am!"

He was clearly oblivious.

"No they know who I am."