Chapter Seventy-One

Frank said I should call Christian and try to patch things up between us since I've been gone for so long. I toom his advice.

"Hello?" he asked when he answered.

"Um, Christian? Hey, it's Gloria."

"Oh." There was silence. "Hey."

"Um, I'm back."

"From where?"

"I went on tour with Green Day and My Chemical Romance."

"Oh, that? Yeah, I heard they cancelled the last section of shows. At least Green Day did."

"Yeah." More silence.

"Did you. . . Need something?"

"Um, yeah. I uh. . . Talked to one of the guys in My Chemical Romance. Y'know, Frank. The short one. Well, he said I should try to patch things up between us. So, here I am. Trying to. . . Patch us up."

He stayed silent. I thought he has hung up on me until I heard him ask, "What time would you like to be picked up for lunch?"

.....

"Okay, he's here. Bye, see you later!" I called into the house. Because it was the last day of March in sunny California, I was wearing a short sleeved Nirvana tee, black jean shorts, my black Converse high tops, and, of course, my flannel was tied around my waist. He was outside of his car, watching me. I suddenly felt embarrassed and my face was getting hot. I looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry. God, I've missed you so much." He pulled me into a hug after saying this. I melted into his hug.

This is it.

This is it.

This is the peak of my life right now.

God, I've missed this.

God, I've missed him.

We went to a diner in town and ordered lunch. I told him about the tour and how nice the members of My Chemical Romance were. I hesitated on telling him about Ben but I did.

"Did he hurt you?"

"No."

"Good."

We sat in silence.

"So. . . Are you gonna come back to school?"

"I don't want to. I've missed so much. I don't want to retake this year. I might ask Billie if I could take online courses instead."

"Oh."

.....

After eating, we went to the park with the merry-go-round. I got on it and Christian pushed it. I screamed out of joy.

Everything is perfect. Nothing could ruin this.

Nothing at all.

A/N: Man, don't you just love short chapters??