Chapter Fourteen

A week later on January 21, 2009, after dinner, I was washing dishes.

Turns out that I completely forgot about how Billie was gonna propose to my mom. He didn't because I stormed out of the house but Jakob told me that he was going to tonight on their date. He reserved a spot at some fancy restaurant that we would've never been able to go to if it hasn't been for Billie. I wouldn't go anyway and neither would Jakob or Joey.

Tre and Mike were coming over and watching us because my mom's afraid I'd kill Joey.

Tre and Mike are literally the best 'babysitters' ever.

When they got to put house at 7, my mom hugged both of them and went to wait in Billie's blue car.

"Make it count, Beej. Make sure she says yes." Mike said, ruffling Billie's black hair.

Tre went up to Billie and said, "Make sure you use protection. Unless of course, you wanna another kid."

Billie punched Tre on the arm and said bye to us. When he reached me, I grabbed his white tie and pulled him down so we were eye level.

"I'm not gonna punch you if she says yes. Just know that I want you two to be happy."

I let go and he straightened the tie up and looked at me. "Thanks."

I smiled. "Go get em, tiger." I said before walking to the couch and sitting next to Mike.

Once they left the house, Tre went to the door and watched until they turned off of our road. When they did, Tre screamed and ran over to me.

He picked me up off the couch and set me back on my feet.

"IT'S PARTY TIME, DIRNT!!!" Tre yelled happily. Joey and Jakob yelled for us from upstairs and we all went to them.

They had Billie's amp set up and Tre and Mike both exchanged glances. "Well be right back."

They went through the front door and Mike came in with his bass. Tre drove away after that and came back 20 minutes later with the drum set from the record studio.

They went and set up in the living room, pushing the couch out of the way for the cymbals.

Once they were set up, Mike goes back to his car and comes back with a wireless mic and a yellow electric guitar. He hands the mic to me and asks if I still remember Letterbomb.

"It's the only thing I've been listening to." I say smiling. Tre hugs me and says, "I love you so much!"

"Joey, do you remember this song?" Mike asked him.

"Yeah, dad showed me it last year."

"Alright, we got a band. Jakob, took can keep time for us, alright?" Tre said.

Jakob nodded and got Tre's extra pair of drum sticks and started counting us off.

I started singing the beginning.

"Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you, having fun."

Then, Joey started started playing.

The other two started playing and when my turn came, I started singing.

"Where have all the bastards gone? The underbelly stacks up ten high."

..........

It was around 11 when I finally crashed on the couch watching reruns of Hey Arnold! with Mike and Tre on either side of me. I was glad they let me sleep because I didn't want to go up to my room. I wanted to wait until Mom and Billie got home so I could see what she said.