Home

---Harry's POV---

"She sent me something Harry!" Niall's voice rang in my ears. "She sent me a long text!"

Thank God... I breathed a heavy sigh of relief... 

"Let me see it!" I jumped over the leather couch that sat in the middle of the dressing room. 

"I think you should read it after the concert mate," Liam placed his hand onto my shoulder. Shrugging it off, I grabbed the phone from Niall's hands. 

"I need to know what she said Liam. We have two more songs left... If I don't know what she's thinking.. I'll break." he nodded his head once in understanding. He knew there was no changing my mind. I took a deep breath, not knowing what to expect. What if she said she left already? What if she said she didn't want to be with me anymore? That she didn't love me anymore? I did nothing wrong, except take a nap when I was supposed to be getting ready.... I prayed she believed me. 

"Harry we're on in five. Hurry!" Zayn spoke up. He was leaning against the door frame, drinking from his bottled water. Nodding at him, I slid my fingers against the screen of Niall's phone. Emily had sent multiple texts, I read them all as one. She had alot to say....

From: Emily-

"Niall... I'm tired. Not just sleep wise. but physically, emotionally. My heart shattered into millions of pieces when I heard the phone being answered by a girl. A giggling girl... Wouldn't you have thought the same? I got Harry's voice mail... but idk what to believe. I don't want to run away. My heart won't allow me to. I  was packing already Niall, I was going to go back home. But then I just stopped myself. I couldn't bring myself to pack another thing. Harry's my home now. I just don't want to be hurt again. I was lied to once by the person I thought I loved. Brandon killed me inside. I'm fragile Niall. I can't keep up with this roller coaster. Does he truly love me the way he says he does? Today was... hectic. Not just with the whole 'girl answering his phone' thing... but also... I'm still being followed Niall. Not just that. There's this guy that is really... scaring me. He beat up the pap. Like Beat him Niall! And then he started telling me that Harry is just some guy looking for a piece of ass. How am i supposed to react to that? I thought I could go two weeks without y'all... but I can't. Was it really Lou Niall? please.. don't lie. I've had too many liars in my life... please." 

My throat felt tight, mouth dry. She was opening up to Niall so freely, yet with me... she wasn't even answering my calls. What else could I do? What can I do to make Emily believe that I love her and only her? No other woman mattered to me. Every morning, she's the first thing I think of... and every night, the image of her smiling face is what helps me sleep calmly. Why couldn't she understand this? 

I knew the answer very well. The same reason she couldn't be mine when I first met her. The same reason that we fought so much. Brandon. Was she still in love with the boy that hurt her so much, both emotionally and physically. I would never touch her like that. The thought of anybody placing their hands on her made my stomach turn. Was she ready to fully let go of her past so that we can continue our future? 

She was so afraid that history would repeat itself. That I would forget about her and sleep with someone else. The truth is, Emily was all I wanted.. IS all I wanted. I wanted to hold her in my arms. Rock her to sleep as I sing every love song in the book. Kiss her forehead before I leave to work. I want to tell her how much I love her every morning, and have her believe every word because it was the truth. My heart was hers. 

She had sent one last message about thirty minutes ago. I read it really quick, trying to see what else she had on her mind. 

From: Emily- I'll probably be asleep by the time you read my messages. I've cried so much today, I'm drained. I have a final tomorrow..and I don't know how prepared I am for this. wish me luck?