Club Midnight

---Emily's POV---

It's been a week since mine and Harry's argument. I was slowly dying inside. My best friend hated me... and I missed him so much. A couple of days ago, I texted Liam, asking how Harry was. When he replied back, my heart shattered into pieces. Liam had texted back stating that Harry was an angry, depressed mess. He would spend late hours at the bars, come back home, and pass out. According to Liam, he had missed two interviews. They had to vouche for him, saying he was feeling ill. 

School has been good, I had gotten perfect scores on my midterms. Brandon finally gave in to my pleading to celebrate. He was going to take me out to eat, then we were going to a new club that just opened on the opposite side of town. Midnight was the name. 

I had slipped into a tight, all black, short dress. My black pumps covering my feet. I felt sexy tonight. I usually felt plain, and unattractive. Tonight I felt like I was going to be the center of attention.

"Are you seriously going to wear that?" Brandon asked, coming into the room. Looking me up and down, his facial expression proved to me he didn't like the way I looked in it. 

"Yeah...what's wrong with it?" I asked, feeling a little bit offended and embarassed. I was feeling sexy. Why did he have to go and ask me a question like this? It just made me feel... ugly.

"No, I'm just saying," He said calmly, but I could tell he didn't think I looked attractive in it... well.. there goes my confidence. Down to the ground. 

At the restaraunt, we sat there quietly as we ate our meal. I would try to bring up different subjects for conversations, but Brandon didn't really catch on. He would just answer with one or two words, then go back to his food. I hadn't really talked to him much, since he's been working long hours at the office. I mainly just stayed home alone, went to school, volunteered at the hospital, then come back home, alone... 

"So, are you still going to be working these late hours during Christmas vacation?" I asked, my fingers crossed under the table. Please say no, Please say no. 

"Yeah, sorry, they're signing a new company onto the contract so It's going to be a new project on my hands," he said taking a spoonfull of spaghetti into his mouth. Despite a mouth full of food, he continued talking "If you wanted to go to your parents' for Christmas, go ahead. I'll be at work late during your break."

"I don't want to leave you here alone on Christmas." I whispered. 

"Don't worry about me babe, I'll probably take a last minute flight out, so I might still make it in time for Christmas." I nodded looking down at my now empty plate. "You know, you shouldn't always eat the whole plate of food."

"What?" I asked, he knew my opinion on wasting food. 

"I'm just saying, maybe you should order smaller plates." Was he implying that I was fat???? I wanted to slap him right then and there. I couldn't believe he actually said that.

"Are you saying I'm fat?" I asked upfront. 

"I'm just saying, it's not good to eat so much" I didn't want to begin an argument here infront of the whole restaraunt. If it was just us, I'd slap him with frying pan, but I couldn't do that....

After the whole 'shouldn't eat so much' fiasco happened, we walked towards the car. I'm not sure why, but I half expected for Brandon to open the door for me and let me slip into the car. I was wrong. Silly me... Harry would have opened the door for me. 'you need to stop thinking of him,' I scolded myself 'just drop it'. I had to let him go. He obviously let me go, when he kicked me out of his car. I shook these thoughts out of my head. Tonight was mine and Brandon's date. I couldn't be thinking of a certain green eyed, curly haired boy.