Chapter 16

Marco POV

(Y/n) still hasn't woken up. It's been a month and 3 days now. I count each day and hope that it'll be the day her eyes open again.

I don't stay in her room constantly anymore but I do check in everyday.
She's lost a lot of weight, her skin has lost its glow and her hair is all messy.

I was starting to give up hope.

Ace was still gone too. Nobody knows where he is and that terrifies me. I wish he'd come back, even if it's only for a little bit and then he goes back in his search.

And as faith would have it (ask and ye shall receive. idek.) I heard a faint yet familiar sound. It sounded like... A fire boat!

I darted outside of (y/n)'s room and saw a small boat with a bruised up man coming towards our ship.

I'll never tell that fire face bastard but in that moment I was happier then I've ever been. My brother was home.

But all good things must come to an end.

"Marco!" Ace hops up onto the deck and I couldn't even believe it. He was here.
"Ace!" I ran over and hugged him.

"Woah easy there. Don't wanna reopen these wounds." He said with slight pain lacing his words.
"Oh sorry," I said setting him down and letting go "I just can't believe you're back!" I smiled and gave him a noogie.

"So what'd I miss probably nothing." He joked.
I must've given him a really dead pan face because he just looked at me confused.
"Marco what wrong. Did something happen?"

I don't know why but I snapped. Anger began to build up inside me.
"Why you little..." I said turning into a Phoenix.
"What took you so long? Where were you? Do you have any idea what's been going on since you left?" I spat.

"Marco calm down and tell me what's wrong. You're usually level headed so let's just talk this through. I told you guys I was looking for Teach... Ya know to TEACH him a lesson." Ace said. He rolled around on the floor in tears laugh at his own joke. (I'm sorry for the pun but it needed to happen and probably will happen again tbh.)

I might have laughed if it not for the fact that I was pissed off beyond believe.

"You think this is all just a joke? We know you were looking for Teach, but where? You never used a den-den mushi to call us or hell even a letter would be nice JUST SOMETHING FOR (Y/N) TO LET HER KNKW YOU CARE AND ARENT DEAD!" Ace seemed taken back by what I yelled.

I needed to blow off steam or else I really felt like I might hurt Ace. So that's what I did I pushed off the deck and with the flap of my wings I was off.

I heard a faint "wait Marco!" from Ace below me but I didn't pay any mind to it. Someone else could tell him because it wasn't going to be me.

So off I went leavening my brother in nothing but confusion and a little bit of pain.

Kind of a shit chapter but the next one will be better. Promise. :D