Chapter 15

Everyone on board had been noticing something was off with Marco. Not like you were fine at all, being in a coma and needing constant care, but he was your rock currently. If he starts to crumble then there's nothing left for you when you awoke.

He would sit by your bed all day and all night waiting for you to wake up and give you these strange looks. Pops thought he looked like he wanted to tell you something but you couldn't hear him.

People weren't that oblivious and realized that it could be he likes you. However Marco being Aces brother lead the crew to believe he wouldn't do that to you and Ace. It was conflicting.

"Marco," the doctor said putting his hand on Marcos shoulder "you should get some sleep. I think that if (y/n) did wake up she'd want you to be in good health and well rested."

The words brushed over him. It was like he was in his own little bubble.

'But she'll wake up when I'm asleep.'
Thought Marco.
'I gotta be here when she opens her eyes. I have to. I can't leave her alone again and in so much pain. I wanna be the first face she sees.'

"Marco? Come on please. We already have to give extreme medical attention to (y/n) if you pass out and go loopy that'll put more stress on us. More stress on us the longer it'll take for her to come back to us." He reasoned with the Phoenix.

He slumped his head down and slowly left the room. Exhausting kicking in at a rampant rate. When he finally made it back to his room and laid down he was out like a light.