Chapter 4

~Next Day~ Aces POV~

With this new girl on board I can't help but want to get to know her. Marco says I have to wait until she's more healed, but I really want to see her now.

I wonder what happened to her.

I'm not one to pry at someone's past and get them to tell me things they don't want to share, but curiosity is only natural. I'm sure her past is pretty tragic. I mean I grew up in a shit place but at least I had my brothers. What did this girl have?
What happened that got her so beat up and nearly dead?
Even Dadan wouldn't have punished us this much.

I still remember what she looked like when I found her.
She had burn marks, dirt, blood and other things all over her (s/c) skin and clothes. Her (h/l) (h/c) was all knotted and messy. Her boat, if you could call it that, was nothing more than a tiny worn out fishing boat.

Marco says we should be careful of her and always keep an eye out. Stupid bird brain. This girl can barely speak, how is she gonna hurt even a fly?

I'm sure when we get to know her Marco will stop behaving like this towards her. He just needs to open up to people. He takes his job too seriously sometimes, being the first division commander and all. But still he doesn't have to get this defensive over the crew and Pops. We can all take care of ourselves.

I guess it's just infuriating to see him act like this towards this girl.

After all she's quiet... Beautiful.

~Your POV~
You woke up to a light knocking on your door.
"Hmm." You slowly opened your eyes and heard the kicking again.
"Oh come on." You said stretching out your arms and yawning.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Ace said.
His comment made your cheeks dust with a light shade of pink.
"Hehe. How'd you sleep?" He asked.
"Good. It's comfy here." You replied.
"Well I brought you some breakfast. Doc says you can't get out of bed so I'll help." He said and gave you a smile as he handed you your (favorite breakfast).

Your eyes sparkled and you instantly devoured the food. Not having a proper meal in months this tasted amazing to your tingling taste buds.

Ace chuckled lightly as you ate like an animal, but he thought it was cute.

You got some (food) on your face but were completely oblivious to it. Ace took his hand and placed it on your cheek, then he took a napkin and wiped the crumbs of your face.

"We have plenty of food (y/n). Take it easy. Plus there's easier ways to store snacks then to leave it stuck on your face." He said.

You blushed so hard.
How could he say these things so calmly?

Even though it didn't look like it Ace was melting just being in the presence of this interesting and unique girl.