Chapter 13

Months had passed but to you it felt like years. Ace still hadn't returned from his journey.

Everyday you got up at 6am and sat on the head of the ship and waited there until 12pm. Then you'd walk back to your room and sleep. Next morning you'd get up and repeat the cycle.

You stopped talking with the crew.
You shut yourself out.
Even with all these people around you felt alone inside. Empty.

Marco and others tried to help but they knew how hard you were taking this.

Ace saved you from death and you couldn't even be there to help him.

You loved him but never got to tell him.

'What ifs?' were always running through your head.
What if he died?
What if he was captured?
What if... He comes back and you confess but he doesn't feel the same way?

They hurt to much to think about.

You spent so much time waiting and thinking that you skipped most meals. The crew tried to remember to bring you food but it would be finished so fast that there wasn't any left. Not that you cared, meals were only fun with Ace.

One night Pops came out of his room to see you. He saw you in your usual spot but this time instead of sitting and waiting you were standing and walking.

"Y/N!" He called out in a stern voice. He didn't care if he woke everyone up he needed you to stop what you were doing. "Y/n if you end this now how will Ace feel WHEN he comes back."

You knew Pope was trying to reassure you Ace was coming back and that it wasn't a question. But you didn't know what to believe anymore.

The crew came running to where they herd Pops say your name. You turned around to face him with a tear stained face.

Two simple words left a resounding pang in everyone's hearts. Two little words were all Pops needed to hear to let him and others know how much you were suffering.

What were these two words?

"I'm done."