Chapter Three: Johnson Clarke

Johnson Clarke wasn't trustworthy, but one thing he was; charming. He could flash you a smile and charm the devil right out of you. And, his charm made him a multi-millionaire.

He started out in journalism, in the Big Apple. But, he was sick of running around for stories that nobody cared about. No one wanted the truth. So, he got a job at a tabloid business, going after the rich and famous.

It wasn't long until he worked his way to the top, doing anything, or anyone for that matter, to become king of all tabloids.

He was on a date with a girl, showing her his life of luxury when he received a call from one of his right-hand men, about Jonathan Kingsly's party. There would be millionaires galore there and where there was money, there was drama. So, he told his partner to be sure he had an invitation to this party.

Johnson brought the girl to his room, trying to finish up this date quickly. He had work to do.

                                                                                        * * * *

Johnson arrived at the Kingsly mansion, dressed to impress. Jonathan and his pretty, little woman came out to greet him.

"Thank you, Mr. Kingsly, in allowing me to be apart of this business deal. I've always been a fan of your films," Johnson gives Jonathan a firm handshake.

Johnson knew Jonathan couldn't be more proud of his movies. Kingsly was a director, like no other. Jonathan was flattered, but his ego continued to grow.

"And, Sally, may I say that you are looking marvelous," Johnson gives Sally Rose a delicate kiss on her hand. Boy, wasn't she a beauty.

Something was bound to happen this weekend. And, if not, Johnson was going to make sure something would happen. Something big, too.