Chapter 11: The Adventures of Wyatt Cole*

Start from the beginning

     I got a pair of swim trunks and a tank top out of my duffle and headed to the bathroom.

     When I entered the kitchen everyone was sitting around eating cereal. "Sup." Aly passed me with a piece of toast in her mouth.

     "Sup." I smiled. It was time to be happy. Being down in the dumps for too long was just dumb.

       "What are we gonna do today?" Adrian asked resting his chin on Aylin's shoulder.

       She smiled at him with those big doe eyes. I swear if I wasn't totally in love with Amy I would totally get with her. But Adrian was a better fit. Those two were perfect together. I just felt bad for Adrian, she really made it hard for him.

     "I'm not sure. Amy had something planned." Aylin took a bite of her bagel. "Yeah I'm pretty sure she wants to go to Queen Emma's bath." I told them and say down in the only empty stool.

     "What?" Aylin looked at me like I was nuts. "Oh yeah forgot you didn't grown up here." I laughed leaning across the counter and ruffling her hair. She swatted away my hand and gave me a fake glare.

    Amy walked in. Her hair was so golden and wavy, her blue eyes smiling and her beautiful curves outlined by a pair of jean shorts and a short tank top.

     I think I was staring because she growled at me. "What're you looking at Cole?" I shuttered. "Nothing." She gave me a weird look before taking my seat.

     That's what happens when she's  mad at me. You'd think that because of her little wake up call that she had forgotten all about yesterday. Of course not.

  I shook my head and leaned against the glass door. "Anyway, Queen Emma's bath is a volcanic crater on a cliff filled with seawater and reefs. It's like a bath! It's rumored that the Queen Emma used to take her baths there. The queen of the island," Amy spoke animatedly. I knew Queen Emma's bath was her most favorite place on the island. It had been since we were kids.

    Flashback

She bounded down the hill towards the volcanic cliffs. "C'mon Wyatt! I've been waiting all week for this!"

She had just had her 15th birthday party earlier today. I'd been teasing her all day because I was 5 months older and she was a baby.

"C'mon! We're almost there." She grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the crystal clear waters of the bath. The waves crashed against the rocky cliffs.

"I'm coming." I laughed. We made it to the edge of the crater. "Last one in has to pay for ice cream later." She dashed over the rock and pulled her shirt and shorts off to reveal her pink bikini.

Amy's hair glowed in the afternoon sun. I could smell her strawberry scent. She looked back at me and jumped in.

I pulled off my shirt and leaped in after her. I swam up to the surface and took a breath before Amy jumped on me.

I came back up for the second time. Her laugh made my heart flutter. Man I was so whipped. Oh well.

"I'm so glad I'm here with you." She smiled at me hugging me the way she always did. Like her big brother...