Chapter 11: The Adventures of Wyatt Cole*

Começar do início

    "She was really Daddy's little girl. And when her mom got tied up with her boss, it was just me, Amy and my parents." I threw a blanket at a cold looking Aly.

    "Thanks." She nodded. I continued. "The first night of our trip my parents and I shared a tent and Amy was in her parents tent. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom." I got more comfortable on the couch.

    "When I got back I heard crying coming from Amy's tent. And when I opened the doors I saw her curled into a ball crying." I felt my mind return to the image of my amazing best friend sucking in air and sobbing quietly. 

    Aly moved around on the couch a bit, obviously feeling awkward. "She said "Wyatt? Do my mommy and daddy not love me anymore?"" I moved around a little weirded out at why I was telling Aly all of this.

    "She said she wouldn't go to sleep unless I sung to her." I smiled playing with a thread on the blanket. "That's really where the song began." Aly smiled at me.

   "You're so whipped!" She laughed and pushed my shoulder. I scoffed. "Nuh-uh." I disagreed, pretending to pout like a little kid. Aly's tinkling giggle resounded in the darkness of the room.

    "Well..." The room got quiet when Aly whispered. "I wish someone loved me the way you love her." She smiled sadly.

"Whattt...! Of all the women in this world I was almost absolutely positive you'd have/get more tail than a dolphin." I quirked an eyebrow. I didn't take Aly for a shy girl when it comes to guys.

She shook her head seemingly a little embarrassed. "Nah. Me and Alan almost had a thing... But he's just a jerk." She scowled.

That somehow didn't surprise me. The two seemed a little awkward around one another and now it made more sense.

"I'm sorry." I said leaning my head back against the couch. "Yeah well, maybe I can find some good tail here." We laughed together. "And hey, grow a pair and ask Amy out already." She threw a pillow at me.

I shook my head with a slight smirk. "Alright." I promised even though I knew I wouldn't. Amy didn't like me like that. We were best friends. If anything we were almost like siblings.

Aly stood up with a yawn. "Hey I'm gonna head up. Get some sleep cowboy." She squeezed my shoulder as she passed by me and tip toed up the stairs.

I looked out the doors once again. If only I could show Amy how much she meant to me. But no, I was a coward. That's all I'd ever been.

-

    "Wake up!" I groaned. It was too early for this. "Fifteen more minutes mom..." I rolled over into my back.

     "Ooof." Amy's smell surrounded me as she lay on my torso. I opened my eyes to meet her's. "Morning sunshine!" Her dazzling blue eyes and bright smile made me produce one of my own.

     She pinched my cheeks. "Now get up! We are going to Queen Emma's bath today." She giggled standing up and walking into the kitchen.

    Yup. I was definitely whipped. I stood up and went into the game room to find the guys already up playing xbox. "Hey." They greeted before turning their attention back to the game.