Loosing Hope

Jess's POV

Harry has been gone for about six hours and May still hasn't woken up. I'm really worried that May could be dying, but I can't put it out there. I'm a firm believer, that if you think about something bad too much, it will end up happening.

May and I have been best friends since the 5th grade. We met on the first day of school and we've been inseparable ever since.

May has been so strong the past few years. Ever since her mom died, May has been a completely different person. She went from outgoing to sheltered. From loud to quiet. Exciting to boring. But I will always stay by her side, hoping for the old May to come back. Even though I know she won't.

Over the past few hours, I started thinking about what happened on the island between Harry and May. Did they make up and become friends? Did they end up still hating each other? Did they... hook up? All these questions formed in my brain, but I don't know if they will ever be answered.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. Harry's name was on the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Jess! How's May? Is she okay? Did she wake up yet?"

"Hi Harry, and no... she's not awake yet."

"Damn... I was hoping to to talk to her..."

"I'll be sure that you are the first one to be called when she wakes up."

"Thank you so much...''

"Your welcome, so where are you?"

"I'm in Texas, I have a show tonight."

"I hope you have fun..."

"Are you okay? You don't sound your normal self."

"Well excuse me for being worried out of my mind that I'm going to be loosing my best friend! Your out doing shows when you should be here with May!"

"I'm sorry! I can't be there!! Simon said-"

"Don't you dare blame Simon! If you really cared for May the way I thought you did, you would still be here! You would have told Simon to fuck off!"

"I can't miss anymore shows!"

"Alright... I hanging up now. I'll call you when she wakes up." I hung up.

***

Another 2 hours have gone by. Still no sign of May waking up. I looked at her. She had sunburn like you wouldn't believe. Her hair was lighter that the last night I saw her. Probably from the sun. I rested my hand on her shoulder and she was actually warm. Like normal warm!!! Maybe if I try to wake her up like I normally would, she would wake up!

"May... May babe... May babe wake up... Please wake up..." Over and over again I found my self crying into the hospital bed sheets. It's hopeless. The doctors don't even know why she hasn't woken up!

I'm out of hope...