Chapter One: Cross Academy's Gates

Yay! Finally got an anime fanfic going! I wanted to start another fanfic for a very long time, but because of school I never had time. But this summer I am going to try really hard to get as many chapters in this and at least get another anime fanfic on here. By the way I say anime because I haven't read a lot of the manga of VK and so... Yeah, yeah I know that you guys are probably mad because of that fact, but like I said I haven't had time and its quicker to watch the anime. Also I think that I have enough basic knowledge from the anime to get this fanfic going for a while. I have a basic idea of what it's going to be about and I will try to make it not so Mary Sue. Some things might change but not so many. Anyways you're probably tired of this prompt so let's continue on to what you came to read.

A large academy stood before the brunette haired girl. It seemed to be the place that she had heard of, but she never thought that she would actually be going to the one and only school that had... beast in human form that preyed on humans; vampires.

She stepped into the gates knowing what was on the other side, but had no fear. She wasn't a vampire hunter nor a vampire. Just a normal sixteen year old human girl that just so happened to know about vampires. It seems to her that vampires was destined to be a part of her life; ever since she was little.

Taking a glance at her watch she realized that she was early and decided to take a quick stroll through the campus. On the way she saw a girl that was a little bit shorter than her who also had brunette hair, though it was a couple inches shorter than hers. The other girl turned towards her and smiled happily. The girl was shocked at her friendly approached and waved shyly. The slightly shorter girl walked towards her and spoke.

"Hello I don't think I have seen you here before! I'm Yuki Cross. You must be the new student my father was talking about... Um... Heheh!" She laugh nervously "I'm sorry. I forgot your name. I know he told it to me I just... hmm." Yuki stood there trying to remember the new girls name.

"It's Eiko(pronounced like Ay-ko)." The new girl smiled back at Yuki.

"Haha! That's right, now I remember! Sorry about that I seem to be scatterbrained today." Yuki rubbed her arm.

"That's everyday." A short haired girl showed up behind Yuki.

"Oh! Yori I didn't see you there! Yori this is a new student Eiko. Eiko this is my best friend Yori." Yuki introduced the two girls.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm assuming that you will be staying in the 'Day' dorm?" Yori asked questionably.

"The 'Day' dorm?" Eiko asked back.

"Oh you don't know about the separate dorms! Hahahaha! I'll explain everything later in headmaster's office! Let's go!" Yuki took Eiko's arm and started to quickly walk towards the headmaster's office.

"It was nice to meet you Yori" Eiko yelled back as she was being dragged off.

When they reached the headmaster's office Eiko saw that his desk was what appeared to be taped up through the entire middle. Raising her eyes she then saw a man most likely in his late thirties or older with blond hair that was pulled back messily into a hair tie. To finish it off he had glasses and wore a serious face.

That face quickly changed when his daughter walked into the room. His eyes opened wide and his arms spread out asking for a big hug. He was quickly rejected when Yuki informed him that Eiko, the new student, had arrived.

"Headmaster. Eiko is here." Yuki said blankly.

"It's father.."He whispered in his own disappointment.

"Um. I don't mean to be rude, but can you explain the 'Day' dorm to me?" Eiko asked desperate for an answer.

"Yeah. You see our school is separated in two classes. The 'Day' class and the 'Night' class. Each class has their own dorm." Yuki explained cheerfully.