Chapter 2

"What's wrong, Em?" Harry asked, looking up at me with his beautiful green eyes. I've had a crush on Harry ever since I met him. That was before all the tattoos and piercings, but to me, he was still beautiful. "Don't ask, Haz. She doesn't want to talk about it right now." Joslynn snapped. "How the hell do you know?! You don't run her life! Toss me the pack of cigarettes." Harry mumbled. Lou reached over to the bedside table and threw it over to Harry. "Joss is right, Harry. I'm sorry but I don't want to talk about it right now." I looked down at my lap, my nails suddenly becoming the most interesting things in the world. I heard him blow out a puff of smoke. He nodded and turned back to the tv, picking up his game controller. "Pick up the controller, Joslynn. We're beating this level." Joslynn nodded and grabbed her controller. They began yelling at each other again. I sighed, 'It's late, Joss. Come on let's head on back." She looked up at me and nodded. She threw the controller down and stood up. She walked over to Louis and connected their lips in a kiss. He placed his hands on her waist, pulling her closer to him. "Aww you two lovebirds." Harry joked making wings with his arms. I couldn't help but let a giggle slip out of my mouth. He turned to me and dropped his left eye in a wink. Ouch. That made my heart flutter. I opened the door as Joslynn walked out, her tongue playing with her lip ring. I closed their dorm door behind me and walked a couple steps behind Joss. "You really like Harry, don't you?" Joslynn winked. "How long have you known me!? Of course I do!" Joss chuckled, "Wow, I should be thoroughly repulsed that you're in love with my older brother... But I'm not! I think it's cute!" It was my turn to let out a soft chuckle. "Well I'm glad you think that!" Suddenly, I heard a loud noise coming from around the corner. My face drained of color. "Shit." Joslynn muttered. We both had forgotten all about the Hall Monitor. He comes around every night and checks for kids that are roaming around the university. We turned around the corner and were suddenly met with a tall male with olive skin. He had a black quiff, lots of tattoos, and lots of piercings. He was accompanied by a girl with pale skin, purple hair, and tattoos and piercings. "Zayn? Perrie?" Joslynn questioned. "Vas Happenin', Joss?" The boy yelled. "Shut the fuck up! You'll get us all in trouble!" She glared. "Sorry." He looked at the floor, sadness filling his eyes. "What are you guys up so late for?" The girl -- Perrie was it? -- asked. "I went to Harry's and Lou's for a bit. Emily here went to dump her lame ass boyfriend!" Joslynn replied. "Ooh who was it?!" Zayn questioned happily. "Landon Hall." I piped up. "Oh my god.." Perrie gasped. "You know him?" I asked. She nodded, "We... um... dated before." Awkward silence passed before Perrie spoke again, "What did he do?" I sighed, tears filling my eyes, "He cheated on me." Perrie shook her head, "That ass has always been the same. Gets a girl, cheats. Gets a girl, cheats. It's the same routine. I hope he grows up and understands that he's not the shit, he's a piece of shit." We all giggled at this remark. "Okay guys, well it's late and I really don't feel like getting kicked out of another school, so goodnight!" Zayn said, pulling Perrie along. "Night guys." Joslynn waved. Joslynn stuffed her hands in the pocket of her black Jack Wills sweatshirt and continued walking to our dorm. Her hair was tucked under a beanie and she was wearing sweatpants from a dance convention we had once been to. Joslynn and I used to dance together before she changed. Now, it's just me that dances. We reached our dorm and pushed open the door. Joslynn ran over to her bed and crashed as soon as her head hit the pillow. I smiled. She looked so much like Harry! Okay creeper Emily, back in the closet! I laughed at myself and got ready for bed. I threw on a tank top and some sweatshorts and climbed under the covers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of music blaring woke me up. I shot up out of bed, jumping 2 feet. "Jesus Christ, Emily! It's music not murder!" Joslynn laughed, putting creamed cheese on a bagle. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. "You know how I feel about music in the mornings!" She stomped her foot. "Good lord! Stop acting like my mom!" She glared. I decided to leave it at that. Joslynn Styles ALWAYS wins a fight. She's never lost once. "Get dressed." I mumbled, angrily. I decided to straighten my hair. I threw on my favorite teal Hollister tank top and a pair of jean shorts. I threw on my favorite sandals and applied my usual light makeup. I came out and saw Joslynn in a black Sleeping with Sirens tank top, black leggings, and black combat boots. She had her normal dark makeup on and she had curled her hair. She finished eating her bagle and grabbed her backpack. "Let's go!" She said cheerfully. I smiled and walked with her to our first class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang for lunch and we all gathered together in the cafeteria. Zayn and Perrie sat with us today, which I didn't mind. I liked them.. They seemed cool! "So what do you think of the new kid from America?" Harry asked us, taking a bite of his sandwich. "He's an idiot! He's in my second class and holy shit. He knows absolutely nothing!" Our friend, Liam Payne, laughed. "Liam, be nice, babe!" His girlfriend, Jesy Nelson, nudged him in the side with her elbow. "Ow! Okay, baby I'm sorry." Jesy smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "I completely agree, Liam!" Joslynn said while shoving a chip into her mouth. "OW!" Joslynn yelled as her chip fell out of her mouth. We all turned to stare at her. "What the hell?" LeighAnn Pinnock yelled. "Cramps." Joslynn shrugged. We all nodded and continued with our conversations. "So guys, I'm throwing a party at my mum's place after school tonight, ya down?" Louis asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "You know we're coming." Harry shouted, taking a sip of his Gatorade. "We'll come." Zayn agreed. Everyone had said they were coming... Except me. "Well.." I started. "Aw, come on, Em! It won't be the same without you!" Harry grinned. "Oh, alright." I cursed at myself in my head because of the effect he had on me. When the bell rang signaling sixth hour, we said our goodbyes and scurried our seperate ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seventh hour drifted by slower than ever. I chewed on the eraser of my pencil and kept my eyes on the clock. Two minutes left. 1 minute left! RRRING RRING! The bell signaled the end of seventh hour and everyone rushed out of the classroom. I packed up my things and began walking out of the door when I was suddenly rammed into the door. My stuff flew everywhere. I rubbed my arm and bent down to pick up my papers when I saw someone standing in front of me. Those Nike hightops.. I've seen them before. I gasped. Landon! I looked up to see him smirking down at me. He bent down to level with my height and took my chin in his hands. "You shouldn't have broken up with me, princess." I pushed his hand away, "Don't call me that." He chuckled and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Get. Off. Me!" I screeched. "Oi!" I heard someone yell from the hallway. "If she wants you to get off, get off, mate." I could recognize Harry's voice. Landon stood and faced Harry. "Oh yeah? If I don't, what are you going to do about it?" Harry's fist clenched tightly. "You don't want to know. Just stay away from her, yeah?" Landon grumbled and pushed past Harry, glancing down at me once more. Harry reached his hand out and helped me up. We walked outside to his black Range Rover. He opened the passenger side and allowed me to step in.  "You shouldn't have ever dated that douchebag." "Well thanks for the information." I rolled my eyes. I looked over at him. His cold stare was focused on the road ahead of him. We didn't talk the whole way back to my house. "Joslynn and I will be over to pick you up at 7:00pm." He said, still staring straight ahead. I nodded and pushed open the door of his Range Rover and trudged up the steps of my house. "Mummy! Daddy! I'm home!" Of course no answer. They were never home. I sighed ran into my room. It was 4:30pm. I guess I could take a quick power nap...