THE MEETING

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED UNDER THE COPYRIGHT LAWS OF 1988 FOR SHERRY E MONTGOMERY

"Uncle Mark I am so glad to see you again" I say looking at one of the most gorgeous men I've ever seen. He looks about 25 but he is actually about to turn 50.

Looking behind him I see another gorgeous man. "So which of the triplets are you? I know you are not Tom because I saw him at graduation. Are you Tad or Terrance?"

"So apparently you know my family but I don't know you. I'm Terrence. Dad tells me you are starting medical school and while there you will be under my protection ..."

REALLY UNCLE MARK I link him. YOU PUT ME UNDER HIS PROTECTION. ISN'T BEING UNDER PACK PROTECTION GOOD ENOUGH?

NOW PRINCESS THE SCHOOL AND HOSPITAL ARE IN OUR TERRITORY BUT ON OUR LAND. YOU ARE A SINGLE SHE-WOLF. THIS WAS ONE OF THE CONDITIONS OF YOU BEING ALLOWED TO COME TO MEDICAL SCHOOL AND NO IT WASN'T JUST YOUR BROTHER'S BUT THE COUNSEL'S DECISION. Uncle Mark linked back. OH BY THE WAY TERRENCE DOESN'T REALIZE WHO YOU ARE AND THINKS YOUR HUMAN, SO YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB OF HIDING YOUR SCENT.

THANKS CAN I HAVE SOME FUN THEN? I link back.

AS LONG AS YOU DON'T ENDANGER YOURSELF.

"So you are Terrence the Terrible?" I say to him laughing.

"Who are you? That's not very nice." He said a little angry.

"But wasn't that a nick name some of the little girls used to call you?" I asked laughingly.

"No, no one ever called me that." He came back quickly. I could hear laughter coming from his dad.

"Sure. For some reason I have a picture of you pulling little girls' pigtails and then them calling you that." I taunt him.

"How do you know that?"

"Oh I know lots of things. It's one of the gifts I have." I say very light hearted.

"What are you? You know about wolves but aren't one. You know about some of....Well ... just ... what??? and who???? are you?" He says confused.

"Why do you say I'm not a wolf? What do you think I am?"

"Wolves' have a certain smell and you don't have it but at the same time you smell too good to be human. Plus the Wolf Counsel wants you protected."

"Well you are going to have to figure out on your own what I am, but the reason the Wolf Counsel wants me protected well there is several reasons for that. First I am the last born of my bloodline. My older twin and I are the last but I have special gifts that are only passed down through the females. One of those gifts is healing. So far I have been able to heal or at least take the pain of dyeing from everyone I've tried to help. Some of those that died if I had had just a little more time and training I might have been able to save, so here I am. That's all I'n going to tell you the rest you are going to have to learn on your own. Oh yeah you also have a different smell that I have never smelt before and believe me I grew up surrounded by nothing but wolves." I think with that I left him frustrated.

PRINCESS my uncle linked me WHAT DO YOU SMELL ON MY SON?

UNCLE THERE IS A VERY SLIGHT SWEET SMELL, BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT IT IS. I'VE NEVER SMELT IT BEFORE. TO REALLY KNOW I WOULD HAVE STOP MASKING MY WOLF AND JAMES TOLD ME THERE WAS ONLY TWO PLACE I COULD RELAX THAT UNLESS IT WAS LIFE OR DEATH OUTSIDE OUR PACKLANDS AND THAT WAS IN YOUR OFFICE WHICH IS SOUND PROOF SO THE SMELL ALSO WANT BE ABLE TO GET OUT AND THE OTHER IS MY PRIVATE QUARTERS IN THE HOUSE YOU HAVE HAD REMODLED FOR ME FOR THE SAME REASON. I link him.

DOES IT SMELL LIKE SOMETHING IS WRONG? I KNOW YOUR MOM COULD SMELL THINGS LONG BEFORE ANYONE ELSE COULD. SO PLEASE TELL ME.

NO UNCLE IT DOESN'T SMELL OF ILLNESS OR EVIL OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I link back to him. IF THE SMELL CHANGES I'LL LET YOU KNOW AND WE CAN MEET IN ONE OF MY TWO SAFE SPOTS AND I'LL BE ABLE TO TAKE A DEEPER SMELL