Building [Sousuke Yamazaki x Reader]

Living with the teal eyed officer had it's perks and it's flaws. You knew Sousuke was rather horrible with directions. A trip to IKEA for a new bed frame for your guy's bedroom was enough to prove that. Not to mention he nearly got lost on your wedding day out of nervousness. You nearly had to stand on the altar all by yourself. But what you didn't expect was him to be bad with putting things together.

You walked into your home, shaking off the excess raindrops from your umbrella and then placed it by the door to dry itself. You then shook off your shoes lazily and walked towards your shared bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes and also expecting to see the new and put together bed frame you told Sousuke to build. A sound of metallic clinking was growing louder and louder as you neared the room, causing you to raise your brow in suspicion.

Don't tell me he's still not done putting it together...

You turned the knob of your door and pushed it open, revealing a troubled looking Sousuke surrounded by the material, tools, and the instruction manual put off to the side, obviously long forgotten.

"...I can explain," he said, but the two pieces of wood incorrectly connected to each other was not supporting his statement.

"Yes, Sousuke, please do explain to me why you still haven't put these together after I've left you for eleven hours alone to put these together," you demanded, your hands on your hips.

"Well..."

---

Sousuke had just finished lugging the newly purchased bed frame into your shared house with a small heave of his chest. He didn't really know why you needed it so bad after visiting Rin and his wife and seeing the intricate frame, almost immediately deciding on buying one that was only slightly different. But hey, he can't say no to you. Ever.

So then a few hours later, around 12 noon, he began to put it together. He unpackaged all of the materials and then reached down for the manual and started to read it.

"Step one.......out of 200?!" he exclaimed. He didn't want to follow all the rules on the booklet, simply because it was too much. Sousuke just shrugged and threw the booklet behind him, and reached for the materials, experimenting which ones would fit together like a puzzle.

This'll be easy.

Sousuke was proved wrong however, when he realized that it was 5 PM already and that you'd be coming home at 7. He was so confused on which pieces locked together and which sized screw fit into each hole.

He was about to call Rin to help until he realized that he was working later that night. And Makoto was with his kids too. Rei and Nagisa were busy, Nitori was out working, and Momo and Seijuro weren't available either. Sousuke was going to start reading the instructions, when he heard the door of the house open, and Sousuke immediately knew it was you. He knew that you'd get mad if you didn't see it put together already. So he just tried to do as much as he can, but he just ended up sticking two pieces together. He was going to add more when you walked in.

---

"That's what happened?" you asked, obviously not amused. He just nodded.

After you had changed, you started to help Sousuke, not needing the instruction booklet but successfully building the piece of furniture since you remember assembling a lot of furniture for your apartment back when you still lived alone. Once you were finished building it, you and Sousuke finished placing it in your bedroom. You finished at around 8:30.

"See Sousuke, that wasn't so hard," Sousuke just looked away from your gaze with a small blush.

---

You both got ready for bed and sat on the bed, just quickly going through social media and all that. Once you turned off the lights, you felt Sousuke's large hands encircle your wrist and pressed them against the cool surface of the new head board.

"I couldn't put it together, but I can sure test out the sturdiness~" he smirked at you through the dim moonlight.

---

A/N- I'm so sorry if this isn't as good! It was better in my head.

Thank you for being patient!