Chapter 11

It was dark, the New York City air was cold as Luna walked across the crisp autumn leaves. She'd been in the city for a couple of months now and felt comfortable enough to take short walks on her own, that was until she got lost this evening.

She looked all round her, searching for something familiar, something that could guide her back home, or a place she recognised, she was praying for anything to help her back. She checked her phone but she had no service to call for help. 'I'll knock on this door and ask for directions. Got it. You can do this Luna.' She thought to herself as she knocked on the closest door to her. The knock was hollow, as if the house was empty.

A young girl, about Luna's age, came to the door. Luna looked up from her feet, only to become face to face with Maisie, her old friend.

"Luna babe, come on in. Don't get cold now, you're in luck, I just finished sharpening my knives." Maisie winked, Luna just stood there, she felt paralysed, too scared to move. "Come on. I don't like waiting for my next kill. Come on in now my sweet, sweet murderer."

Luna felt paralysed, she tried to talk but no words escaped her mouth. She felt someone tap her shoulder, she turned around to see Taylor, pulling her back, security stood in a line behind her, cameras pointed at Maisie.

"Come on honey, she's not going to hurt you." Taylor said, turning Luna around to walk back to the car. Maisie reached into her back pocket, and pulled out a small knife, aiming it at Luna.

"No. Stop. No. Please. Stop. Taylor move. Duck. NO!" Luna shouted, soon being woken from her nightmare by her bedroom light being turned on.

"Luna." Taylor said running over to the bed to comfort the young girl. She held the crying girl in her arms as she consoled her. "It's okay, it's only a dream. You're okay honey, everything's going to be okay. It was just a bad dream. You're okay." Taylor rocked the young girl back and forth as she cried in her arms, the pure terror of the nightmare overwhelming her.

"Maisie was gonna kill me. I was lost and she found me and she was going to kill me." Luna managed to pour out through sobs. "You saved me and then she threw a knife. Taylor I'm scared." The young girl was shaking like a puppy in Taylor's arms.

"She's not going to come anywhere close to you. Not in a million years. Nobody's ever going to hurt you, not as long as I'm by your side." Taylor said, pulling Luna closer into her chest and holding onto her tighter, making the young girl feel safe. "Come on now, you're okay. Everything's okay."

"I love you Taylor." Luna said, she was becoming calmer the longer Taylor held her. "Thank you."

"I love you too princess." Taylor smiled as she kissed Luna's ginger hair. "It's like 6am. Do you want to go back to sleep or do you want to watch a movie with me?"

"A movie sounds awesome." Luna smiled as Olivia appeared from under the duvet.

"Finally showing your face are you? Where was you like 5 minutes ago to cuddle Luna?" Taylor joked at the kitten. She then reached over, grabbed the remote, and they chose a film to watch to get them to the more bearable hours of the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two girls were still snuggled in Luna's bed, and they'd just started their fourth film of the day, when Taylor's phone rang.

"It's security, let me get this." Taylor said, as she sat up and took the call, Luna pausing the film, worrying about what the phone call might be.