Chapter 2

Luna woke early the next morning in a confused state. She found herself with no blanket, curled up in a ball in the top corner of the bed, using Baxter to rest her head instead of a pillow. She slowly blinked her eyes open and took a minute to realise where she was. She then rolled out of her sleeping position and tolled over to find Taylor asleep next to her, remembering exactly what had happened last night. She looked at the time on her phone, 8:00am, she rolled over to try and get a little more sleep when the singer woke up.

                "Good morning." She yawned. "How did you sleep last night?" she added, groggily. Luna held Baxter close to her and felt the bandage that Taylor had wrapped around her leg last night.

                "Good morning, I slept well, thank you." Luna paused for a second, "how about you?" There was worry in her voice as to last night's occurrences, of course it had to happen like this, she couldn't have opened up when she felt like it, no, she had to ruin everything. She was just hoping Taylor had forgotten about it, there was a chance, right?

                "I slept well." She smiled, sitting upright, as the young girl nervously followed. "I'm sorry, I fell asleep in here, I hope you don't mind. I was just worried about you Luna." She took a moment to let the young girl take it all in. "Now, this isn't something we can just ignore, please open up to me. You can tell me anything okay, I need you to know that." Luna just nodded at what the singer had to say as tears started rolling down her cheeks. Taylor moved in and wiped at her cheeks, "talk to me. What's been going on?" she smiled.

                "I'm really really really sorry about last night Taylor. I should have told you when it happened earlier, I guess I panicked. I'm really truly sorry." She lowered her head into her teddy's as she felt Taylors warm arms wrap around her.

                "It's okay. That doesn't matter, what matters is why you're doing this to yourself. You are such a wonderful person, you don't deserve to feel like you need to do this to yourself okay?" Taylor held the young girl tightly in her arms. "Okay, when you're ready, start from the beginning. Open up to me, I'm always going to be here for you to talk to." She rubbed the crying girls back.

                "Okay, I started when I was 13, it started off with just scratches, and then it got more and more intense." She paused realising Taylor probably wanted more, "I started because life had gotten too much and it was the only way I found to cope, and it's just been there for me ever since." Her voice had become even shakier than it was before. "I haven't really cared about life for a long time and I have felt numb for ages, this was the only way I could feel something, and I haven't wanted to let go of that." Luna peeled herself away from Taylor and looked into the singers now watery eyes. She took a deep breath as she continued with the hardest part of the story, the part she didn't want to say but knew it would help her. "Things have been so bad this past year that I tried taking my life." She hung her head in shame as the singer gasped in shock. Luna tried to continue but the tears had gotten the better of her. She was pulled into Taylors arms once again and rocked from side to side.

                "It breaks my heart that a wonderful person like you could ever feel this way. You come across as so happy in all of your letters and text posts, I would never have guessed this in a million years." Taylor took a deep breath as she rested her chin on Luna's red hair. "I'm going to help you fight this, I'm going to be by your side through all of this, just let me know when you're ready." Luna snuggled her face into Taylors shoulder.

                "I think I'm ready to let go of this habit." She whispered into the singer's ear as she felt a smile grow on Taylor's face.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————