Chapter 3

Luna woke to the sound of Taylor and Karlie, cooing at the way Luna and Olivia had fallen asleep.

                "Good morning sleepy head!" Karlie said, walking over to the bed as Luna looked at her phone to check the time, 10:30, and she'd also had 10 missed calls from her mom.

                "Good morning!" Luna smiled, then quickly turned to Taylor, "has my mom tried calling?" she asked Taylor.

                "No, why?" She walked over to the bed and sitting next to Luna, she glanced at the screen, "10 missed calls. Did you speak to her yesterday?"

                "Yeah, I called her yesterday morning while I was getting ready." She scrolled through her contacts and found her mom's name. "I should probably call her, two minutes." Luna was extremely worried, especially after the horrendous dream she'd had the night before. She took the phone from her ear, "no answer." She said as she dialled the number again, still no answer. She tried the home phone and her mobile, but there was no answer on either.

                "Want to try my phone?" Taylor asked, opening her contacts and finding Luna's mom's profile, dialling the number and putting it on speakerphone.

                "Hello?" Luna's mom answered, sounding confused.

                "Mom! Okay this makes me feel very loved. You'll answer the phone if Taylor calls but not your own daughter?" Luna laughed, she was relieved, she thought something had happened.

                "I only learnt from the best. No, seriously, I was just calling you back when Taylor called. You're probably wondering why I called you so much?"

                "Well yeah, I was so worried." Luna rolled her eyes. Taylor and Karlie looked on at the conversation with big smiles on their faces, seeing Luna this happy to speak to her mom was contagious.

                "The hospital called, they told me you had an ambulance sent out to you, what happened honey?" Terror struck Luna's face; she had to come up with a good enough lie, just for now, she didn't want to tell her mom what had been going on over the phone. Karlie and Taylor watched on as they waited for the young girl to answer.

                "Oh, I'm okay, I cut myself shaving pretty bad, everything's okay though, I've got some steri-strips over it and it'll all be healed in a week or so." Luna lied to her mother for the first time since they'd been back together.

                "As long as you're okay now. I have to go, was about to hop into the bath. I'll speak to you soon Luna, I love you loads."

                "I love you too mom." Luna replied, her voice quieter than it was before. She handed the phone back to Taylor who closed the app and locked it. A tear fell from Luna's eye.

                "Hey, don't cry. She's okay, you're okay, everything's okay." Taylor said, wiping at Luna's cheek.

                Luna shook her head. "It's not that, I just lied to my mom for the first time." She paused and took a deep breath, "I've never lied to her before. None of this was a lie before, just a secret I'd kept from her. I feel so bad but I couldn't tell her on the phone."

                "I was wondering why you didn't tell her." Taylor said, consoling the crying girl, "you tell her when you're ready. You hardly lied anyway, the only thing you lied about was how you got the injury in the first place." Taylor pulled Luna in for a hug.