Chapter 9

Karlie let herself in the next morning with the key Taylor had given her at about 8am the next morning. She wanted to get there early to make Taylor and Luna breakfast and have it ready for when they woke up. As she walked in, she turned a lamp on in the living room, which released a groan. She looked around the room, searching for the source of the grumble, but she had no success, she only found Olivia sitting on the arm of the sofa.

"Silly kitten." Karlie said quietly, scratching Olivia's head. Karlie noticed what seemed to be a pile of blankets sat on the sofa beside where the kitten was sitting. "I think something's wrong with mommy too, leaving blankets untidy." Karlie joked as she picked some blankets up revealing Luna underneath, still asleep. Karlie quickly covered her back up, turned the lamp off, and retreated to the kitchen to start on breakfast.

Karlie had bought all of the ingredients for waffles and she'd brought along some of Taylor's favourite toppings. She started mixing the ingredients together while the waffle iron heated up, when a very sleepy Luna walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning." Karlie smiled, pouring some batter into the waffle iron.

"Morning." Said Luna, rubbing her eyes and walking towards the fridge to get some orange juice. "Did you turn the lamp on and uncover me just now?"

"Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't know you were there." Karlie said, setting the timer and waiting for the waffle, "What were you doing there anyway? Why didn't you sleep in bed?"
"I couldn't sleep. It didn't feel right in there." Luna said quietly. "I mean, it's not that it didn't feel right, I didn't feel right. I felt awful so I came to lay on the sofa for a bit, I fell asleep there." Luna took a sip of orange juice and sat on a stool at the breakfast bar.

"How are you feeling now?" Karlie smiled, waiting for the waffle to cook.

"Okay, I guess." Luna gave a half smile to Karlie who was standing across from her. "Yesterday was shit, here's to a better today." She raised her glass as if she was making a toast ad took a sip.

"Today's gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay, everything's gonna be okay." Karlie smiled, getting a waffle out of the waffle iron and plating up. Luna nodded and ate a strawberry, "We'll cook all of these and pounce on Taylor to wake her up." Luna nodded as Karlie finished making the waffles and they went to wake Taylor.

Luna stood at the foot of the bed while Karlie went and jumped on the singer to wake her. "What even." A tired Taylor grumbled, turning over to look at Karlie.

"I made you breakfast!" Karlie said excitedly.

"Good morning." Taylor said, leaning up on her elbows and embracing Karlie in a passionate kiss, not knowing Luna was at the foot of her bed.

"Morning." Luna said, surprising Taylor as she quickly pulled out of the deep moment she was having with the model.

"Oh hey, morning Luna." Taylor stuttered, in shock that she'd gotten that deep with Karlie while her adopted daughter was watching.

"Come eat breakfast." Karlie said, excitedly. "We made waffles!" She added, including Luna in on the making of the food.

"Well, I just sat and watched for the most part, I did however, arrange the fruit in a bowl and eat some while Karlie wasn't watching." Luna smiled, Karlie threw a pillow at her, hitting her in the face.

"You ate the fruit? I wondered why there was less than when I bought it in!" Karlie laughed as Luna unexpectedly threw the pillow back at her and hit her shoulder. "You little shit Luna." Karlie laughed as she chased the youngest girl around Taylor's room. When she eventually cornered her, she easily picked her up and threw her over her shoulder so she was holding on to her by her knees. "Come on loser, we're getting breakfast." Karlie said, grabbing Taylor's had with her spare one and walking them to the kitchen.