Chapter Nineteen

"You ran after me." Troye whispered to Caspar as him and Caspar walked home. Caspar nodded, clutching his Hello Kitty umbrella tighter as the rain proceeded to get heavier.

"Yes, I did," Caspar replied. "I just felt so bad after all that's happened recently."

Troye looked at him in concern. "You didn't run after me just out of pity, did you?"

Caspar shook his head, "No, of course not. I did it because I love you."

Troye seemed satisfied with that answer, and the two walked home in silence from then on.

When they finally arrived at Caspar's house, Caspar suddenly felt a huge weight of guilt. He had just left Joe all by himself, and shouted at him too.

He had said to Joe that he would bring him back to his, and they would watch Disney movies together.

But obviously it didn't look like that was happening anymore, as now Troye was stood in the middle of his living room, not Joe.

Troye looked at him, and rolled his eyes a little. "You know that boy, Mason? In our English class? Well, guess what he's been saying behind my back..." Troye began to ramble, and Caspar smiled through it.

He just wanted to do something, he had never felt so bored.

I wonder what Joe's doing right now, he thought to himself. I hope he's alright.

"So, uh," Troye started, finishing his rant. "What were you doing with Joe in the shop?"

Troye's face, even though he tried not to show it, was painted with jealously. Especially what Caspar's mum had said, that made him even more worried and extremely jealous.

Caspar shrugged his shoulders, sitting down on the sofa, "Well we were going to come back to mine, watch movies. We were there to get food. Hey, speaking of that, do you want to watch a movie now?" Troye frowned at Caspar's response, and pressed on the question.

"Where were you before?" He asked, trying to not look like he was attempting to take over Caspar's life.

"We went to a pizza place. No big deal." Caspar answered. Troye began to get more and more angry, Caspar's lack of responses were starting to annoy him. And Troye's questions were starting to annoy Caspar.

"No big deal? Was it like a date?"

"No! We just went to get pizza. What is up with you?" Caspar snapped, regretting it instantly.

"Sorry." He muttered. Troye narrowed his eyes, his patience slowly fading as he gritted his teeth trying his hardest not to shout. But that plan soon foiled.

"No, what is up with you? You are making our lives seem like a soap drama on the telly. It's so..." He paused, looking for the right word to say. "Boring. Annoying. I just hate it!" Troye shouted. Caspar seemed taken aback.

"Can't you just chill?"

"Chill? You're asking me to chill?"

"Look," Caspar said, standing up. Troye stood up too, facing Caspar. His eyes burned with intense anger. "I think you need to calm down. I've already told Joe I didn't want to do the plan anymore, it's all over. Just forget about it, okay?"

"No," Troye huffed. "I can't forget about it, don't you get that? It will always be Joe and Caspar, and I will always remain in the shadows. Even if we told everybody we were dating, they would either think we were joking or it was a prank. Joe is your boyfriend in everybody's minds, and I think it's going to be that way for a while. People cannot just change their opinions on something just so you won't get hurt, it doesn't work that way. They will burn you. There's nothing we can do." Troye yelled.

Caspar took a step back, "I'm sorry. But do you think all of this is my fault? Because it's not. I didn't ask for this to happen. And I think you need to realise that." Caspar yelled back. "You know what," His voice quietened. "Come back once you realise that it's not my fault. Come back once you realise that nothing is ever anybody's fault. But until then, I think we should break up."

Troye rolled his eyes, yet he still had tears in them, "Whatever, I guess." He whispered, and pushed past Caspar. He looked back, before leaving the room. After a few moments, Caspar heard the door slam. He was alone.

He couldn't believe all of that had happened so fast. Troye was his best friend. How would they ever go back to being friends when that just happened, surely it would be impossible to do that.

His mind drifted instantly to Joe, which alarmed him a little bit. He was probably very sad right now, all alone like Caspar was. He sat down on the sofa, letting himself fall apart a little.

He decided to watch a film, just like he had planned from the beginning. But he never planned to be alone.

It was a few hours later when Caspar had finally come to terms with everything that happened on that day. He bought out his phone, and entered the Twitter app.

Caspar_Lee: I don't need you anymore. I'm so much happier without you. Maybe you should have realised that.

Caspar looked at the tweet, before deciding to edit it a little. He took out the 'maybe you should have realised that' and pressed tweet, not caring about other people's opinions.

He took a deep breath, before exiting the app and going onto his text messages. Caspar clicked on Joe's name, trying his hardest to forget what he had said to Joe earlier. He typed a message out, and pressed send.

He just felt freaking awful for all the things he's done today- he didn't even mind the plan they had together. It wasn't Joe's fault.

He sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair.

It takes time to heal things. He is going to need a lot of time.

Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it :)