Second chances (new)

"Lillia stop! Wait!" Alex yelled as I ran off towards the pier. How could he do this to me. "Lillia, just stop, we need to talk about this." He said. "Alex, I don't want to talk. We both know what you did, and I can't forgive you, so just leave, ok?"
         "I know what I did was awful, and I understand why you can't forgive me, but just give me a second chance, please." He said as he gave me his best puppy dog face. "From now on we are no longer dating, but we can be friends, I guess." I said.
        "Thank you so mu-" I cut him off. "Under a few conditions. If you touch me, at all, I will personally handcuff you to-" this time he cut me off. "I get it, no touching."
          As we continued to walk back off the beach, Alex kept thanking me for giving him a second chance. "Alex, you can stop thanking me!" I said and smacked him on the shoulder. "Ow, what was that for?" He said and smacked me back. We laughed together while we walked up the pier.

~~~~~

        "MOM! MY MEMORY'S BACK!" I screamed and ran towards her. We hugged for a long time before finally splitting apart. "I'm so happy for you, honey." She said with tears in her eyes. Ryder ran in as we were both about to cry.
        "I heard someones memory's back." He said as he went in to hug me. "Yep, what did I miss?" I said and we both chuckled. "I missed you, by the way." I said as we finished our hug. "I missed you too." He said. "I'm going to give you guys some alone time, and I'll go start dinner. p.s. Becca left you a card, it's in the kitchen." My mom said.
         "Thanks for putting up with me Ryder." I said and he smiled. "Are you going to stay for a while longer?" I asked. "Actually I'm leaving tonight." He said and I suddenly felt like crying.
        "Wha-at, I had so many things I wanted us to do together, before you go, like I wanted to go to the beach and then go to the arcade." I said "Lillia, I'm not dying, I can come back, I just have to go back to school." He said.
"Fine, but you have to promise to visit again soon." I said as we walked together to where he was packing in the spare room. "I will, I have the third week of November off for thanksgiving, and my parents and my sister want to see you." He said and I felt relieved.

~~~~~

"Ryder, I'm going to miss you." I said while we hugged before he went to get on the plane. "Bye, Lil!" He said back and headed toward the terminal to get on the airplane. I waved goodbye and stood there for minutes after he'd left.
         "Hey." I heard a guy say, and I turned around. Standing there was Alex with an "I'm sorry" teddy bear. "Alex, I already said I forgive you, but thank you." I said, taking the fluffy bear.
       "I feel awful, and I will never truly be able to make it up to you." He said as he came in for a hug. We didn't talk for a while, just enjoying each others company.
      So I'm guessing we're not getting back together anytime soon, or maybe...." He trailed on. "I think we should take a little break and I'll tell you how I feel then. "Fine, I'll wait for you to come around." He said with a grin.
      "If. If I come around." I said back chuckling. He came in close to me with a smile and began tickling me.  "Here comes the tickle monster!" He yelled loudly.
        And people turned and looked at us     "Alex, stop! I'm not 2!" I yelled, laughing uncontrollably. After he finally stopped, I got my bear and left with my mom.