Miami

Lillia

"Lillia, wake up," my mom whispered to me as I tried to shake off my aching headache from the plane ride.    
   "Welcome to Miami, Florida, I hope you had a nice flight, and choose to fly with Delta Airline again," says the flight attendant over the intercom, waking anyone up who was still sleeping.
We were in the middle of the plane so we had a semi-long wait before we got off the plane. We walked to the front of the airport, grabbed our bags then left to find our car provided by my mom's work.

~~~~

After the 2 hour drive with little conversation, we finally made it to our condo. It was only 4 blocks from the beach, and was filled with a lot of vacationers.
I had only been to the beach one time in Oregon when I was 12 years old, and it was freezing cold. We parked our car then walked into the condo lobby to get our room key.
"You will be in room 35E on the 4th floor." Said the secretary at the front desk. We took the key and our bags in the elevator and went to our new "house".
"The moving truck isn't coming until later today so how about we take a look around the city and your new school?" My mom asked handing me he keys. "You can drive, you need the practice anyway. Your drivers test is coming up this September, and I want you to be ready."
We got in the car and I drive carefully around town seeing the mall, mom's work, the beach and plenty of condos and large buildings. It was getting close to 4:00 when we stopped at my new school. Together we walked in with my registration papers and school map I got in the mail.
"You must be Ms. Blue, hi I'm Principal Newman." He said to me as we got ushered into the school office. "I see you have your forms ready, we will need those and here is your schedule."
Principal Newman said taking the forms and handing me my schedule."I think you are going to like it here at Oceanview Highschool" he said with a smile. School starts on August 28, which is in about a month, so see you then."
He then handed me and my mom a few handouts and sheets with my locker number and other info I will need on the first day of school.

~~~~

When we got home the moving truck was there and they were starting to bring boxes up to our room. We joined and started to unpack too. We decided to take a dinner  break at 7:45ish and ate with the few things we had unpacked in the kitchen.
We bought pizzas for us and the movers and ate enjoying the much needed break from all the work. We had everything unpacked except for the spare bedroom and some of the living room boxes by almost 11:00.
We were tired by then and went to our rooms to sleep. As soon as I put my head on the pillow I was fast asleep.