Dark Mark

Dedicated to PaleRain <3 I can't do a proper dedication because my Wattpad is messing up :( so I'm really sorry 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"So apparently Caitlyn was going after Blair's boyfriend. . ." I muttered as I sat on the common room floor, leaning against Harry's legs. Harry didn't answer, he just continued running his fingers through my hair.

We haven't mentioned the events last night, of course Harry would occasionally peck my neck or pinch my stomach, both of which led me to laughing my butt of.

"I want to talk to you, Harry."

A look of pure and utter fear flashed across his face.

"What about?" He croaked out, following me into a corner.

"The so-called Half-Blood Prince."

"Oh, not again," he groaned. "Will you please drop it?"

"I'm not dropping it," I snapped (and here we go with the Angry One Second and Happy the Next), "until you've heard me out. Now, I've been trying to find out about who might make a hobby of inventing Dark Spells —"

"He didn't make a hobby out of it —"

"He, he — who says it's a he?"

"We've been through this," Harry said crossly. "Prince, Pennelope, PRINCE!"

"Right!" I growled, pulling out a very old piece of newsprint from my pocket and slamming it into Harry's chest. "Look at that! Look at the picture!"

The picture was of a skinny girl around fifteen. She wasn't pretty, she looks cross and sullen with heavy brows and a long face.

Underneath the photograph was the caption: EILEEN PRINCE, CAPTAIN OF THE HOGWARTS GOBSTONES TEAM.

"So?" Harry said, looking bored.

"Her name was Eileen Prince. Prince, Harry."

Harry and I looked at each other, after a couple seconds Harry laughed in my face.

"No way."

"What?"

"You think SHE was the Half-Blood . . .? Oh, come on."

"Well, why not? Harry, there aren't any real princes in the Wizarding world! It's either a nickname, a made-up title somebody's given themselves, or it could be their actual name, couldn't it? No, listen! And her mother was a Muggle, then that would make her a 'Half-Blood Prince'!"

"Yeah, very ingenious, Pennelope . . ."

"But it would! Maybe she was proud of being half a Prince!"

"Listen, Pennelope, I can tell it's not a girl. I can just tell."

"The truth is that you don't think a girl would have been clever enough," I snapped angrily, making my way to leave.

"How can I have hung around you for five years and not think girls are clever?" Harry said, looking stung. "It's the way he writes, I just know the Prince was a bloke, I can tell. This girl hasn't got anything to do with it. Where did you get this anyway?"

"The library," I muttered. "There's a whole collection of old Prophets up there. Well, I'm going to find out more about Eileen Prince if I can."

"Enjoy yourself," Harry said, crossing his arms.

"I will," I huffed. "And the first place I'll look," I shot at him as I reached the portrait hole. "Is records of old Potions awards!" Harry scowled at me for a moment.