Christmas (p:1)

My dedication button hasn't been working :( so I'm just going to say that this chapter is dedicated to TVDivergent!!!

And now... The story 

($)?($) 

"So Snape was offering to help him? He was definitely offering to help him?"

"If you ask that once more," Harry said. "I'm going to stick this sprout —"

"I'm only checking!" Ron said. We were standing alone at the Burrow's kitchen sink, peeling a mountain of sprouts for Mrs. Weasley. I sat on the counter swinging my legs back in forth, deep in thought.

"Yes, Snape was offering to help him!" Harry said. "He said he'd promised Malfoy's mother to protect him, that he'd made an Unbreakable Oath or something —"

"Unbreakable Vow," I corrected, lifting my gaze from my feet and sighing.

"Nah, he can't have . . . Are you sure?" Ron said, looking stunned.

"Yes, I'm sure," Harry said. "Why, what does it mean?"

"You can't break an Unbreakable Vow," I explained quietly.

"I'd worked out that much for myself, funnily enough. What happens if you break it, then?" I rolled my eyes, on the inside I gave a laugh, but on the outside I remained emotionless.

"You die," I muttered, looking into Harry's green eyes.

"Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental," Ron said, with a reminiscent gleam in his eyes.

"Weasleys," I said humourlessly, "always ruining a perfect moment."

"Hey!" Ron laughed, turning on the tap and splashing me with water. "That was the only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum. Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since."

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock —" I laughed.

"I beg your pardon?" Fred's voice said as the twins entered the kitchen.

I began to laugh harder, you seriously have to love the Weasleys and how they enter a room at just the right time... And of course sometimes the worst.

"Aaah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them."

"I'll be seventeen in two and a half months' time," Ron said grumpily. "And then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

"But meanwhile," George said, sitting down on the kitchen table and putting his feet on my lap. "We can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a — whoops-a-daisy!"

"You made me do that!" Ron said angrily, sucking his cut thumb. "You wait, when I'm seventeen —"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," Fred yawned.

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspecting skills, Ronald," George said. "What is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called -unless our information is faulty - Lavender Brown?"

I made a face at the name while Ron turned pink.

"Judging by Pennelope's face I guess that Ginny was correct," George smirked.

"Mind your business," Ron grumbled, his ears turning pink.

"What a snappy retort," Fred said. "I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was . . . How did it happen?"