Chapter 5

Caroline pov:

I'm starting to notice how things are running here, kids who have no choice go to this school. Kids who families don't have enough money to go somewhere else, maybe even parents that don't care what they're kids do. I feel bad for them. It is almost time for Homecoming and I'm seeing most of the student body bowing down to one of the "prettiest" girls at school. I hear what these kids talk about and wow, where is the humanity. All they care about what you wear not a thing else. There is some students that I really prefer, it's the stoners and the theater kids/ artsy kids they really don't give a fu*k. I can relate in high school I only had 2 boyfriends and all they wanted was to get laid so I dumped them. I can see right through everyone, that's what makes me a good counselor.
*someone barges in*
*i scream like a god damn baby*
"Woah I'm sorry, for startling you,"
"No it's fine I'm really jumpy."
"So how are you."
"Uh, I'm okay, how are you?"
"Oh I'm fine I was just wondering if you would go to homecoming with me?"
"Are teachers even allowed to go to homecoming?"
"Sure, why not." He smiles, God he could have been a model.
"You really could have been a model." OHMY GOD I SAID IT OUTLOUD I HAVE TO PLAY IT COOL.
"Excuse, me." He said
"Well I mean you could have been a model if you didn't want to be a principal."
" Oh, I see. Thanks for the compliment." He said clearly nervous.
"Hey are you still up on the offer of going to dinner?" I say, geez what am I getting myself into. He is going to think I'm a loser, but on the other hand I sort of an because I'm only doing this for free food.
"Sure, where do you want to go?"
"All of garden is good."