Chapter 2

I have my first session with a student at lunch today and I'm really excited to meet her, I've read her record and it looks perfect I wonder what she's going to talk about.
  "Hi Mrs.Shultz, I'm Robert Caradona me and Jessica Toy teach special Ed here," while budging through my door knocking over my bookcase I just set up earlier this morning.
  "Hello nice to meet you." I say while observing his clothes, he is wearing pastel green shorts and a striped dark green and light green shirt with green converse. He is balding so he must be at least 57 or 58. Then a woman walks in she must be Jessica Toy.
  " Hi I'm Mrs.Toy, nice to meet the new counselor, these kids really need you."
  "Well I will do my very best to help them." I reply she seems a wonderful older lady. Maybe we could be friends, I never had any friends at my other jobs...

  I call in for Monique Castro, she is going to talk with me in about 3 minuets. I get my desk looking pretty and I have some sheets of paper if she needs to write anything down an-
  "Hi I'm Monique,"
  "Hi Monique good-afternoon, how are you?"
  " I'm good but before we talk and shit I want you to tell me about yourself." She has a point but I can tell this is how our relationship is going to end up something like this.
  "Oh well l am 29 years old, I graduated from Cal Berkley I grew up in New York in a little town just out of New York City, I have 2 dogs named, Kitty and Mike and a cat named shortie." I revealed just the basics about me.
  "Really, Mike and Kitty? Sounds familiar,"
  "Because it's from monsters inc. when I was working in a foster home for about a month that movie played in the office all the time so know I know all the words to it."
  " I love that movie."
  "Great! We have something in common." I say with fake excitement in my face,
  "Well it looks like we are out of time, see you whenever Miss...."
"Shultz."
  "Miss Shultz. Bye"
God she is almost as awkward as I am.

Mr.Caraway walks into my office and asks me how the session went and I told him that it was interesting and that I'm excited to be working at this school

"Come in my office I want to show you something." He says as he leads me across the hall.
"Here is a present for you because it's your first day." He said beaming with his smile from one ear to the next. The present was a name plaque: Miss.Caroline Shultz
" I just assumed you were single so this morning I ran out and made you this." He claimed while still beaming but less smiley.
"You are correct I am." God I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.
"But hey since your new here and I'm nice do you want to go get dinner after school, I'm starving." He said very seriously.
"I don't know maybe not tonight," I say uneasy and probably going to regret my decision later.