Five.

"Let's get you out of this rain."

To be honest, it was one of those circumstances where if the guy hadn't been hot, it would have been super creepy for him to ask Madden to follow him. But, because he was hot and because of whatever vibe that had passed between the two of them, Madden followed him into a peculiar looking store with bricks painted a dark black color and a blue neon sign boasting the name of the store as Vinyl in curly phosphorescent transcript.

The store was just so interesting to look at. Why had she never heard of it before?

The floors were sleek dark brown hardwood, and the walls were also black painted brick like that of the outside. Madden looked around and was surprised that the store was mostly empty space. There were no racks of clothes, but there were carefully folded pieces of clothing on a few clean black floating shelves and a few shelves on the opposite wall holding racks and racks of vinyl records, old cameras, and interesting looking books and trinkets.

In the corner of the shop, there seemed to be a teeny cafe, with only a few tables and chairs and a small menu of different drinks stylishly placed on the wall. It was an idyllic little store that smelled like vanilla and felt warm, like a home. Madden adored it.

"Welcome to Vinyl," the man piped up in front of her, and Madden suddenly remembered that she was in the presence of an extremely attractive male. Promptly after that realization, another followed that she looked like an absolute wreck. She was almost too amused and mystified to be embarrassed, but she couldn't stop her cheeks from blushing.

"I love this place," she blurted out, which made him smile. She melted at the sight of it. "Where are the workers?"

He gestured to himself. "It's my store. We're not too busy early in the day, so it's just me for awhile."

So the store was his. She wasn't surprised, it fit him perfectly.

"How would you know? You don't even know my name," he challenged, his eyes twinkling with something she couldn't quite identify. Madden realized she must have said that aloud.

She shrugged, "it just does."

He seemed satisfied with her answer and softened a bit. She used his silence to turn and look around more. She noticed a beautiful light fixture of around 25 hanging exposed lightbulbs and a stack of leather journals and -

"Let's get you out of those clothes."

She snapped around. "Excuse me?"

He chuckled and raised the pile of clothes in his hands. "You're drenched, I don't want you to catch a cold."

"Oh," her cheeks burned crimson as she looked down at her clothes and sure enough, she was soaked to the bone, "right."

She walked over and carefully took the clothes from his hand. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a modest dressing room in the back of the shop, but didn't turn to go just yet.

"Why are you helping me?" she suddenly asked, looking into his dark blue-grey eyes and not moving her gaze.

"I have no idea," he muttered with a hint of a smile. Madden could see another answer behind those stormy eyes: Because it felt right for some reason.

She looked down with a fragile smile and started to walk towards the back of the store.

He muttered something, a little too softly for her to hear clearly.

She turned around, "What?"

After a moment of consideration, he slowly said, "I'm.. my name is N..Noah."