My Fault

Chapter 7

Gracie ran up to her room and shut the door. So many thoughts running through her mind.

Is it her fault?

Why is he here?

Did she do this to her family?

Was she the one that drove him away?

Will they be happier without her here?

Probably.

Gracie laid on her stomach and cried into her pillow just as Josh, Maya, Mackenzie, and Farkle walked in.

"Gracie." Maya sighed and they all sat in her bed with her. Maya picked Gracie up and held her in her arms. Her and Gracie have always had a special connection.

Both of their dads left them.

Both only had there moms.

Both rely and love Riley.

And on top of that, Maya was the second person to hold Gracie. Even before anyone in Riley's family.

"Gracie Boo." Maya sighed.

"He hates me. This is all my fault!" she cried.

"No it's not!" they all said.

"Yes it is! He wouldn't have left if I wasn't here." she told them.

"Gracie who cares? You are amazing!" Farkle tried to comfort her.

"Yeah and Lucas is being an as-" Josh started but Mackenzie cut him off.

"An apple." she finished quickly and was given weird looks.

"I knew what he was going to say Aunt Mackenzie. He says it all the time." Gracie giggled and Josh was smacked in the arm by Maya.

"Anyways," Farkle said and they all heard yelling downstairs.

"This is my fault." Gracie said.

"Grace trust me, it's not your fault. Lucas left, not you. Everything will be ok." Josh said. Gracie nodded. A few minutes of sitting on Gracie's bed the door opened and revealed Riley and Lucas. They all looked at them confused.

"Peanut, Lucas would like to talk to you." Riley said softly. Everyone got up and Maya kissed Gracie's cheek.

"Call him Ranger Rick." she whispered to Gracie and she giggled quietly and nodded. Everyone left leaving Gracie and Lucas there alone.

Only question running through both of their minds was,

What now?