Recollections

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/T/C: Home Town/City

Your POV:

A dark, nearly evil, laugh erupts from Mephiles after I say his name. Perhaps he was amused by my shocked expression?

"Well, would you look at that? You remembered. Usually it takes longer for the memories to return, but-"

I cut the man off by jumping him and capturing his thin body into an embrace. He stumbles backwards a bit due to being caught off guard. He was completely tense and hesitated before wrapping his own arms around me. I just couldn't help myself. I'm both excited and relieved.

"Thank god," I mutter as I nestle my face against his chest. He brings a hand up to my head and pets my hair soothingly.

'I was with him last, surely he can help me figure out what's going on...hold on. If he was the last person I saw, that I remember, could he have left me out here? No, that... That's crazy, isn't it?' I find myself gradually releasing my grip on his body as the thought crossed my mind. Still, I held hope that I was wrong. I look up at him and find a smirk on his face, which didn't help my conflicting feelings. I stammer before asking my question.

"Uh... Um... M- Mephiles, do you know how I got here?" I chuckle nervously in attempts to lighten the mood, but I think it just made things worse. "I mean, this can't be, um..." my mind drew a blank when I tried to remember the name of the place I live.

'Where was it again?'

"H/T/C?" He answers with a grin. I nod to confirm that's what I meant. He chuckles again, having a somewhat darker tone. That's not a good sign. My arms fall to my sides, and I attempt to take a step back only for his grip to tighten. This keeps me in place and makes me internally panic.

"Mephiles?"

"I brought you here, Y/N," he happily admits. My eyes widen in shock. I didn't think my suspicion would actually be correct!

"W- Why?"

"This place is going to be your new home, away from all the troubles and hardships of your old life. You can finally have a purpose, a roll to fill here." I push him off, and he thankfully releases me. I take a few steps back and stare at him in disbelief.