Chapter 4

Its been two hours and neither me or Asher have broke. Buttt, I will not give in. Finally Asher sighed "Ok, will you pleaseeee talk to me?" He asked while jutting his lip out a bit. Must. Resist. Face. He makes this almost impossible. ALMOST. All the sudden I'm in his lap and not in my chair

"Fine, if you won't talk to me, I'll just make you talk to me." He whispered against my neck. I shiver. Pfft, what makes him think he can 'make' me talk....

Slowly his lips brush against my bare skin. Resist! Resist! Resist! Ok, I don't know how much more of this I can take. Suddenly I'm whipped around to face him. He lightly kissed my cheek. Then my foredhead, my nose, and my other cheek. He lightly kisses the corner of my lip, this is where I give in and pull away. "What are you doing?" I say kind of rudely.

"Umm, I was going to kiss you." He said confused.

"What about your GIRLFRIEND?" I ask putting emphasis on the word 'girlfriend'.

"Oh, that, I broke up with Morgan at the party." He shrugged it off.

This confused me "Why?".

"I walked in on her, umm, fooling around with Emmet.." He said sadly.

"Oh my god! Asher! That is horrible!" I said sincerely. I pull him in for a hug. Even if he didn't like her, he didn't need to be cheated on!

"I'm actually happy about it." He said.

"Well I'm glad your happy. I said with a smile. "But there is still a problem."

"Whats the problem?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Umm, we're kinda stuck in the middle if no where..." I trailed off letting him piece the rest together.

"Ohhh," he said once he underatood.

Then it clicked. "Ash, we have our phones." I said dumbly.

"Ohhh, ya..." He said while dialing an unfamiliar number.

"Hey, mom.... No.... Mom!.... No..... Were at (make up a random address)..... Ok.... Bye..." He said. I'm guessing he called his mom.

We sat in a silence for a little bit till a car pulled up.

"Asher Carter Sanford! She has been staying with us for ONE day and your already dragging her to parties?" His mother says while scowling at her son.

He looks down. "Sorry mom..." He replies.

He doesnt speak again. I take that as an opportunity "Thank you for coming Mrs. Sanford, and it is quite alright, I like parties." I say politely.

"Ah, Emberlynn, why- I haven't seen you for years! Look at how much you've grown! I'm sorry for my absence for when you arrived, I was in a meeting." She says happily. Mrs. Sanford as always liked me, which also means she is taking every opportunity to set me and Asher up... Not that I'm complaining...

I shiver and Asher takes, off his coat and gives it to me. "Can we get home before Emmy gets a cold?" Asher asks nicely.

"Oh yes, of course, silly me." Mrs. Sanford chuckles while opening the car door and getting in.

"Thank you, again, Mrs. Sanford, fot picking us up." I say with a sweet smile.

"Oh, honey, call me Deborah, please." She replies.

*********Asher's house*********

I slowly crawl into bed thinking abiut everything that happened today. I was taken to a party, almost got raped, got lost for 2 hours, and almost got kissed by Asher Sanford. 'What a day' I thought to myself as I drifted into a deep sleep.

"Psst! Cutie! It's time to get up for school!" I felt someone shaking me.

"Ughhh!" I groaned. "Fine! I'm up, I'm up!"

I wake up to see a smiling Asher "Ah-ha! Sleeping beauty awakens!" He says with a grin. You could hardly believe he had just broken up with his long-term girlfriend.

"Haha!" I laughed sarcastically. While I get ready for school. When we get to school Me and Asher split different ways. My crutch gave out and I eoukd have slipped if Mason hadn't caught me. Okay, no matter how much I like Asher, Mason Tanner had to be my second biggest crush, EVER.

"Hey there, Ember, be careful." He says with a grin, still supporting me.

"I- uhh-" Suddenly I'm at a loss for words "T-t-thanks" I say blushing the color of crimison.

"Hey, umm, I've been wanting to ask you something for awhile now.." He trails off seeming nervous.

"U-u-u- uhh, w-what is it?" I ask STILL stuttering.

"Will you go out with me?" He asks grinning.

"Of course!" I say happily, no longer stuttering.

"Yes! I can't wait to tell evetyone!" He says a quick goodbye and runs off.

School goes by so fast I don't even realize its over until Asher starts driving home. We both say at the same time. "Hey! I have to tell you something!"

"Okay!" He says, "You first!"

I smile big. "Mason asked me out!"

His face fell as if he wasnt expecting that but he soon recovers. "What did you want to tell me, again?" I ask.

"I-uh- just wanted to tel you.... Umm- i-uh heard were having a pop quiz in physics tomorrow, ya, thats it." He sounded like he was trying to reassure himself instead of me. We drove home in silence, butttt, I couldn't quiet shake the feeling that he was mad at me.... Oh, well. He'll get over it