Epilogue

"Oh I will carry you over, fire and water, for your love."

* 6 Years Later * 

K a y d e n c e

I sat at my brown desk, fingers hovering over the white keys of my apple laptop. I stared at the screen blankly, watching the caret blink at me, almost in a taunting way. I've sat here for the past hour and not one word had been typed out. I almost wanted to slam my laptop shut but knowing I had to at least write something down today, kept me from doing just that. It had been over a week since I last posted on the blog, and the readers were anxious. The girls wanted advice and I oddly found it difficult to give it to them, unable to find the right words to comfort them. My fingers itched to type, anything for that matter but I couldn't. There was a block, and a vague ache in the back of my head. I knew I had worked myself too hard this week, but this didn't feel right. Why couldn't I write? I never had a problem. You're sick, just wait till tomorrow. Oh but Janis, my oh so annoying editor would kick my ass if I put this off for another day. I had to do it now.

The pounding against the door stalled me for another moment and I limply let my hands fall to the side of the desk, sighing and swiveling around in my chair to unlock the bedroom door. I never locked it, but I knew if I didn't I would get interrupted. I cursed whoever was on the other side of the door, unlocking it and swinging the door open with a scowl on my face. I told him I didn't want to be bothered, and I expected to see him standing there with an annoying smile plastered over his face and his arms crossed, but empty air met me. I blinked then dropped my gaze down to the floor, my annoyance immediately vanishing when I was met with a pair of green eyes. Not the same ones I was expecting, but ones that meant just as much to me.

"Mommy," Daniel tugged on the end of his stained blue t-shirt, smiling up at me with a chocolate filled mouth. I laughed, squatting to his level and wiping the frosting off his dimple on his cute little cheeks.

"Danny, how did you get so dirty?" I asked him, arching my eyebrow. He ducked his chin into his neck and gave me a closed lip grin. He looked so much like his dad when he did that.

"Daddy and me made cookies." He reached for my hand with his frosting covered fingers, tugging me up to follow him. "Come try one mommy!"

"Danny, I need to write." I tried to tell him, but God, he was only five and he already knew how to use those green eyes. He was good.

"Mom..." He whined, pulling my hand and I reluctantly let him pull me along with him. He led me down the long hallway, running ahead of me but his legs were so small that I just had to take wide steps to keep up with him. He giggled in front of me, his curls bouncing on his head as he glanced back at me to make sure I was following him. I laughed with him until we reached the kitchen, where he let go of my hand to run up to his dad. He tugged on his grey t-shirt, and Harry turned around to look down at him with an equally chocolate filled mouth.

"Oh my god." I burst into laughter when I saw they had matching frosting covered faces, making Harry look from Danny up to me with amused green eyes. He grinned at me and sent me a wink, dropping the cookie in his hand onto the platter and bending down to pick up his son. Danny smeared the frosting on Harry's cheeks across his lips, making Harry groan and Danny to laugh.

"You look like Santa." Danny whispered as he used the frosting to draw a mustache and beard on Harry. I bit my lip to suppress my giggles, but Harry heard me. He looked at me over Danny's shoulder, narrowing his eyes at me and taking long strides till he was standing in front of me. Even after all these years I will never get over how much he towers over me.

"Danny, don't you think mommy should look like Santa too?" He arched his eyebrow at me and I tried to back away, but ended up bumping into the wall behind me. Danny giggled and I sent him a glare, just as Harry stepped up and crushed his frosted covered lips over mine. I squealed, and shoved him away to receive a loud laugh from him and his spawn.