Chapter 30

It's short but wanted to leave you all with something!

(:<

Enjoy {:<

..............

Harry doesn't even bother walking around to the steps of the pool to get in. He bends down to sit at the edge of the pool closest to me, sliding his body in and he's so tall that the water barely hits his belly button when he stands. I watch him carefully as he brings his wet hands up to his curly hair and pushes it back, peeking up at me before moving to lean against the wall next to me. My skin tingles at his close proximity and I turn my gaze towards the other side of the pool. Shirtless Harry does bad things to my body. 

"So, you're still not going to talk to me now that I'm in here with you?" He asks, lightly nudging my arm with his own.

I sigh, kicking my feet underneath me again and watching my legs through the water. "What is it you want to talk about?"

"Our conversation from earlier." When I don't answer him he pushes himself away from the wall and moves in the water in front of me. He lowers his body that way he's at eye level with me and the water is now up to his shoulders. He stares at me then and it becomes difficult to avoid his eyes when he's in my line of sight, that I become distracted by how bright green his eyes look with the light from the pool reflecting off them. His pink lips look more plump then usual and I finally find it in me to look elsewhere when his tongue pokes out to lick his bottom lip.

"You agreed that we could finish our talk later." He continues.

"Yes but I didn't realize you literally meant later."

He rolls his eyes in return and moves his arms back and forth underneath the water. "Of course that's what I meant. I've gone eleven damn months questioning everything that happened, you think I'm feeling up to waiting another night?" He says truthfully and I feel the nerves in my stomach turning even more.

"I guess not." I sigh, tilting my head back against the edge of the pool. Harry doesn't say anything for awhile but I can feel his eyes on my skin, watching me stare at the ceiling above me. Goosebumps crawl up my arms and neck the longer his eyes are on me but I don't know what to say to him back regarding his truthfulness.

"Why else did you leave?" He suddenly asks me and I tilt my head to look at him. His eyes are intense and make me feel smaller than I am. I want to tell him the whole truth, but not yet.

"I'll answer that if you answer something for me first." I say, remembering something he had said when he first got here that I had been curious about.

Harry presses his lips together and I can see his mind whirling with various thoughts behind his eyes. He sighs finally, moving to rub the back of his neck as he nods. "Fine, what?"

"Why are you not on speaking terms with your family?" I ask, studying how his eyes seem to grow a little wider and his body tenses at the mention of them. I know it might not be my business but Harry had always been so close to his family, the thought of him losing that relationship with them makes me sad, and I would do anything to help get them back on good terms.

He hesitates before answering, his gaze moving behind me when he does. "It's complicated."

"You're talking to the queen of complicated here. "

He grins in response as he shakes his head and looks down at the water, the smile on his face fading. "They interfered with our relationship."

My own smile on my face fades and my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What do you mean?"