Build the Statue of Liberty

New York was walking back to her house, counting the money she earned. $45 would be good enough for now, but she was kinda going for somewhere close to a hundred. It would probably be best to be patient, but New York wasn't a patient girl.

New York sighed then bumped into someone, she quickly recognized it was her boss, America. "Hey boss, is there any work or news for me to know" said New York. "I'm glad I ran into you New York, I have good news for you!" Said Alfred with a big grin on his face.

New York smiled, she was happy to have some good news since all she did was work all week. "France just sent me statue for my present and expects me to build it, so now I rely on you to earn money to build it. Can I count on you?" Said America. New York looked at him and sighed, "fine..." she mumbled.

"Great! See you in a few months!" America yelled as he ran off. "Wait, how am I suppose-" New York sighed and rolled her eyes. She didn't understand why America expected so much from her, she was only a teenager.

"How am I going to do this in only a few months?" New York mumbled to herself.

🇺🇸That Night🇺🇸

New York wrote letters to people she knew and would help her out with this. She looked through the letters she already wrote for: Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and possible England. New York set down her pencil and neatly stacked the letters.

She got up and grabbed the letters, she better head out now before the post office close. She put on her coat and started to head out. She made it to the post office and quickly opened the door, then slipped all the mail in the vent thingy (I don't know what it is ^.^').

While New York was walking back to her house, she ran into a young boy. "Um New York, did you order an ugly lady statue from France?" Said the boy. "Actually it's a present from France that America wanted me to assemble in my place" New York corrected him.

The boy shrugged and said, "a ship came and threw them on the beach then left" said the boy. "Well that's rude, just collect the stuff and put them somewhere dry" said New York. She was getting pretty tired and wanted to rest for the rest of the night.

🇺🇸The next day 🇺🇸

It was about five in the morning, New York assembled a group of builders to help her out. She decided to put it off the coast of New York, it should let most New Yorkers see it and some New Jerseyan. She was currently looking through all of the parts for a blueprint.

New York finally found the blueprint and looked at it, she noticed it was more complex then she thought it was going to be. "We should start now or we won't get it done in time" she said as she assigned the workers what to do.

New York went back to her house to check her mail, she wanted to know if anyone sent her money. It may be hard to believe but she did got done from New Jersey and Delaware. It was only a hundred dollars but that would do for now, she still had a few more people that might send her money.

New York took the money and ran to the store, she had to collect the supplies she would need. After a few minutes, New York came to the rest of the workers with a hand full of stuff. They all quickly collected the things they need and went back to work. New York glanced at the blueprint one more time before she started working on the statue.

🇺🇸5 Months Later🇺🇸

New York held onto a large sheet of steel while the other workers batten it against the other sheets of steel. This job was very hard and dangerous, she could always remember the times her co-workers almost died. But they didn't care because that was the price for doing this kind of job.

After they finished that piece, they all decided to take a break for a while then get back to work. Once New York reached the ground, she noticed America and went to see what he wants. "Hey boss, did you come to see the progress of the statue?" New York asked him.

"Actually... I thought it would be done by now but... take your time" said America as he stared up at the statue. New York sighed as she wiped the sweat off of her face. She could hear America mumble something about Colorado could work on this faster than her and decided to ignore it.

New York was actually happy with her progress and didn't care what anybody says. Even when she is pretty slow, she is still going to get it done if she keeps working.