XXIV¤ Dante

Beginne am Anfang

"You can't know what I meant or didn't mean so I suggest you drop this conversation."

"Or what?"

I look at him a bit oddly. "I- uh I'll leave and go by myself."

"But you don't know how to get back."

"Yes I do. I am not stupid." He laughs and I take offense to that.

It takes us forever to get back to Merek's territory. While crossing Nathaniel's base most lycan's gave us questioning looks. Nathaniel acted as if their stares didn't affect him at all. I didn't much care for their stares... Well them in general.

No one stops us from crossing into Merek's territory. This is odd. I can't even smell a vampire close by.

I sniff out Dante and a smile makes its way onto my face. I try getting off of Nathaniel but he doesn't let me go.

"Can you go that way?" I point. He nods and continues walking slowly.

"Where's Christopher?!" I hear Dante's voice. My heart starts beating quickly. He's asking for me.

Merek and Joseph come into view along with some soldiers. I catch sight of Dante.

"Dante!!" I yell. He looks my direction and relief floods his facial expression. His face turns hard as he glares. I look at Nathaniel and realize.

"Let me go." I try getting out of his arms again. He doesn't but I guess the look on my face does the trick. He lets me down and I start running to Dante ignoring the drowsiness.

He opens his arms and I jump into him. "Dante."

"Chris, I am so sorry."

"It's okay! You're back to yourself so it's okay." He puts me down and pulls me in for a bruising kiss. I almost melt at the affection. Gosh I've missed this. We part and he takes a good look at me.

"It's as if I haven't seen you for years..." He places his hand on my cheek and I place my hand on his hand.

All of a sudden I see black and my body falls to the floor. I feel various hands grab me.

"Chris!" I hear Dante's voice.

"I'm fine. I just- I'm fine." I try getting back up but my legs tremble. My vision slowly goes back to normal. Maybe I just pushed my body too far.

Dante's about to pick me up but a hand grabs my arm and keeps me from moving.

"Let go of him." Dante warns. I watch as his eyes turn black. There it is again. Nathaniel's eyes don't change black. They change to a vibrant golden color. I watch as Nathaniel keeps in his surprise.

"I can't do that." Nathaniel tightens his grip around my arm.

"Nathaniel..."

"Who is he Chris?" Dante's voice drops dangerously low.

"He's the lycan King. You're King."

Dante laughs and reaches for Nathaniel's wrist and slowly takes his hand off of my arm. I'm shocked at his strength and so is Nathaniel. He growls and pulls his hand away from Dante's grasp.