"Merek!" Dante swings at me with his claws out and ready to kill. I step back but not fast enough. A hand grabs my waist and pulls me forcefully away from Dante. I look behind me and watch as Joseph drags me away.

This has been happening a lot lately. He'd disobey my orders and he won't leave my side when I order him to. I'm not bothered by it but sometimes he just doesn't know when enough is enough. I can take care of myself, he knows that yet he refuses to leave me be.

Dante stops and the sky darkens. "Dante!" I scream his name. He faces me but his eyes are so... Empty.

_

Christopher's POV

"Take me to him!" I yell at Nathaniel.

"I am just calm down! You should be resting."

"I will once I know he's okay." I plead. My vision begins to blur and I sway. Nathaniel grabs my waist to steady me.

"Dammit Christopher! She told you to be extremely careful. It took a lot out of both of you to make this work." He growls.

Who does he think he is? I hit him but what ends up cracking isn't his face.

I cry out and for the first time swear. Huh... Is this why humans swear when they're in pain? It alleviates it somehow.

"Goddamn it, Christopher!" He tries grabbing my hand but I don't let him.

"Do not touch me." I glare.

His eyes widen just a bit but then his expression hardens. "If you don't let me help you then I won't take you to your lover. Do you understand?" He asks though it sounded more like a statement.

"Let's just go." He nods and picks me up. I glare at him but he pretends to ignore me.

"Can't you run like a vampire?"

"I can but I won't."

"Why not?" I ask him.

"We'll have less time with each other if I do." My heart skips a beat.

"Don't say things like that." I murmur.

"Why? Does it make your heart leap? Your body crave my touch?" His face gets extremely close to my face.

"You are already touching me so no." I look away.

Dante never told me romantic things like that. Well it's not like him to say those things. He uses other ways to show his love.

"Please go faster." I tell him. He glances at me and shakes his head.

"No."

"I don't feel anything towards you, why can't you just accept that?"

"If I do you'll disappear a second time." I frown. He seems so sad. "When we made love you didn't push me away. You also felt something when we met. You can't keep denying it."

"You were stronger than I at that time. I wouldn't have been able to push you away if I tried."

"Stop making excuses. We are equal in strength and I never once felt you try pushing me away."

"I did!"

"If you did then you didn't mean it."