Prologue

The sound of single drop of water filled the quite room. It was fairly hard to make out the figure standing before me. The dark room engulfed us until a light was turned on, hitting me straight in the face.

"My name is Nick Fury." He said looking down at me from where I was sitting.

I gulped down a breath of air. He was intimidating. The patch over his eye made him even more rugged.

"Yes...I know who you are, sir." I replied.

"Then you know why you're here?" He said with an intense glare.

"More or less." I replied.

"I'm going to give you a debriefing." He grabbed my chair spinning it around to face a pitch black window.

"S.H.I.E.L.D has been compromised. It no longer exists."

A pang of worry went through my whole body for a split second. I shook it off. I was not allowed to show emotion.

"You are here." He continued. "To keep your eyes on one alone. With you being one of Shields formally owned top spy's I know you can handle it."

I slowly nodded my head in agreement. "Why, may I ask sir, not use someone like agent Romanoff?"

"Her duties lie elsewhere."

"Inform me of my mission." I said with a blank expression on my face.

"You are to keep your sights on the avenger, Captain America. You are to stay one step ahead of him at all times. Even if it means the cost of your life."

"So I'm going to be his watch dog?" I said coolly.

"For the most part, yes." He replied. "Your main mission is to be his assistant."

Why did he need me? Steve Rogers was fully capable of taking care of himself. It seemed pointless to put me into the middle of it.

"Yes, sir. I understand." I replied slowly.

"Good." He said, looking straight at me. "You will be shown your living quarters."

As He opened the door, I sat up and began to walk out of the room.

"Agent Griffin, do not disappoint me." He said, grabbing my arm before I could leave.

"I will not fail you."

He let go of my arm and I walked out. Two guards were waiting for me outside the doorway.

I followed them for some time before we reached the end of a hallway. There was a large metal door to the left. I reached for the door knob to pull it open once the guards had left me.

I found the room to be quite grim. A single bed was to the right and a bathroom to the left. There were no windows. I made my way over to a lone mirror on the wall. I looked at my image for a second as I unraveled my single braid down my back. My thick black hair curling at the ends as I brushed my fingers through it.

I looked at my face once more. I was expressionless. My cold blue eyes showed no sign of warmth. I was a monster. I hardly knew who I was any more, other than my name had once been Victoria. Now I was only called and commanded by agent Griffin. Training had hardened my heart beyond all recognition.

I went over to my brick hard bed and stared up at the ceiling. I knew this could very well be my last mission. One I might not recover from.

I prepared myself for what was to come. I was about to meet an avenger. His name, Steve Rogers. My mission...to be his assistant.

_________________________
Well that's only the beginning! Can't wait to write more. -Thanks for reading!
_______________________