eighteen.

Bree's POV

I drove to Ashley's as fast as I could after Niall texted me.

This is not good. At all.

She had texted me earlier, saying how upset she was even thought she shouldn't be.

It pissed me off to the max to think that he would do that. He was talking to her and is practically leading her on! But then I looked at the article myself, and sure enough, it was Ashley's profile picture on Kik.

Someone had snuck a picture of it, but their camera skills suck, so its very blurry.

I pulled into her driveway, and got out of my car. I realized that her parents weren't home, and that's not good. Ashley being alone just isn't good.

I didn't even knock before walking inside of her house. I put my purse on her table and jogged up the stairs to her room.

The door was closed, and I could here one direction playing in the backround. But more importantly, I heard her sobs. Her quiet, yet depressed sobs that echoed through her room and out the door.

I knocked lightly, and I heard footsteps move toward the door. The door creaked open just a crack and then the person walked back to where they were previously.

I walked into her room, and she had a shopping bag and a Starbucks cup sitting next to her, along with her Calculus book.

She looked at me, her eyes red and puffy.

Right this moment, I wanted to murder Niall.

"What." She said, wiping her face with her sleeve.

"Ashley, the rumors are false. He doesn't have a girlfriend." I said, sitting on the edge of her bed

"So what! He's still talking to this girl, and they're gonna fall in love and get married and then have kids and that makes me feel like shit, Bree. It really does." She said, starting to cry again.

HE'S TALKING TO YOU.

I just wanted to scream it at her, but Niall would never forgive me, so I kept my mouth shut.

"Listen, he might not even like her.." My voice trailed off

"Oh yeah, kinda like how we all thought Zayn was gonna come back, but he never did, now did he? No. He didn't." She spat, blowing her nose

Damn, I'm really bad at this "boosting confidence" thing.

I pulled out my phone and texted Niall.

Me: she's not taking it to well... She still doesn't know that its her tho, so we're good.

He didn't reply, so I'm assuming he's asleep.

I looked at the time and it was 10:30. I need to get home, considering we both have school tomorrow morning.

"Hey, listen. Don't be depressed. We don't even know if its true." I said, getting up.

"I know, but I can't help but be sad. I love him but he'll never know." She said, looking down at her hands.

I felt so bad for her. She's broken, and she doesn't even known the truth. I wanted to tell her SO bad, but decided against it.

"I think I'm gonna head out, Ash. Goodnight." I said before walking out of her room

A muffled "goodnight" was all I heard from the girl before I left.

I got into my car and started it, then pulled out of her driveway.

Only 5 more months, Bree. 5 months.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: I really hope you like this ily. xo- a.h