thirty seven.

(First things first: I'd like to thank you guys so much for 1k reads. It means the absolute world to me that you guys are actually reading my book and hopefully enjoying it.)

Niall's POV

A brunette came running up to Ashley and I. Her hair whipped around as she ran and she had a wild look in her eyes.

"Ashley! Oh my god, I haven't seen you since graduation." The brunette grinned, her eyes sparkling while she talked.

"Oh, sorry Ki, I've been really busy lately." Ashley explained.

"Oh, no. Its fine! I've just missed having out. I mean, you even have a boyfriend now!" She laughed.

Ashley laughed and get face was bright red, as was mine.

"No Kiara, we're not dating." Ashley told her

Okay, her name is Kiara.

"Then why are you holding hands?" She asked, looking at our intertwined hands.

"Friendly gesture?" I tried saying, but it came out as more of a question.

"Oooh, one with an accent! Nice pick, Ash." Kiara winked.

"Ki, do you know who this is?" Ashley asked her.

Kiara looked at me fully this time, and I'm pretty sure she was taking in every inch of my face before she widened her blue eyes.

"Oh my god it's Niall Horan."

Ashley giggled and nodded as I silently prayed that she wouldn't scream or cry.

"Wait, so one of my best friends is dating Niall Horan?"

I wish.

"We're not dating." Ashley clarified for the second time.

"Hmmm... I ship it." She shrugged before saying her goodbyes and leaving Ashley and I.

"She seems..." I started

"Kiara is such a sweetheart, trust me. She only talks like that when she gets really excited and I know that tonight she's going to some concert, so she's excited. Usually she's a lot more chill than that." Ashley explained, moving her hair out of her face with her free hand as we walked.

"So how many friends do you have?" I asked her, swinging our hands back and forth.

"Um, quite a few. I love them all to death. Maybe you'll get to meet some more of them." She said, looking at me and smiling.

We entered the first store and got matching Christmas sweaters, which were half off, considering its the middle of July.

"I have the perfect idea!" She yelled, her eyes twinkling with every move she made.

"Let's throw a Christmas party! We can get red and green balloons and get snowflakes and fake snow and wreaths..." She listed.

"Yes! Then let's invite Harry and Bree. Then we can all party together." I suggested.

Ashley looked over at me, a proud smirk across her face as she lifted up her hand.

I slapped my hand against hers and pretended I didn't feel a thing when really there was a shock going through my body.