Confused Chapter 2

Chapter 2

My first thought when I saw him at my door was what is he doing here and then almost as if he had read my mind, he said "Hey do you want to walk to school together?" Some how through my shock I managed to accept his offer. On the way to school we didn't really talk much. I honestly was trying to figure out why the hottest guy in school would want me of all people to walk to school with him.

When we got to school all the girls we passed were staring at me. When I say staring I really mean giving me death glares. I could guess what most of them were thinking because I was sort of thinking the same thing why would he even talk to a girl like me I was nothing special. Well of course my mother always said I was but she has to she's my mother and don't all parents tell there kids that they are special??

Jeremy walked me all the way to my locker, I got my books for my first period and he walked me to class... Why was he being so nice to me it was all confusing and I didn't understand one bit...

When we got to my class he said "I'll see you after class." That confused me even more.

After class as soon as I walked out of the classroom he was standing there waiting for me. By this point I was so confused I had to ask him why he wanted to be around me so much. "Jeremy, why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden, I mean you were never this nice before. Not that you weren't nice before because you were just not this nice." I said.

"I like you, Jenna." He said. Totally taken by surprise I suddenly didn't know what to say. My mind was racing with thoughts like why would he like me? What is so special about me? By the time I could say anything the only reply I could come up with was "Oh...."

"You don't like me back do you?" Jeremy said sounding kind of sad. Which made me feel horrible, I mean I liked him but why would he like me?

"It's not that I don't like you, Jeremy, because trust me I do way more than you know. You just surprised me." I replied. Wow did I really just tell the hottest guy in school how much I liked him, well now I feel stupid. When I looked up he was smiling. Was he laughing at me? No he wasn't laughing he was glad I liked him so much. Weird.... "But you don't have to walk me to classes or my locker ok that's a little to much right now?" I said.

"Okay..." He replied. He walked me to my locker and told me he would see me at lunch. I got my books for my next class and walked to class alone. All during my second period I couldn't concentrate on my work, instead I was trying to figure out why Jeremy liked me so much but I couldn't think of any reasons so I decided that I would ask him at lunch. My 3rd period class was kind of boring so my mind wandered to the thought of Jeremy a lot. I kept trying to figure out why he liked me but I wasn't having any luck at all. I was glad when 3rd period was finally over because that class had given me too much time to think. Maybe my next class would be more interesting so I wouldn't have time to think about Jeremy. I got to 4th period it was a little more interesting then 3rd period but some how thoughts of Jeremy still slipped into my mind. But this time they weren't about why he liked me they were just fantasies about his looks. Yeah I know it sounds stupid but hey can you blame me for fantasizing about a tall muscular guy with dark brown hair and blue eyes that make you think of the ocean. But why would he want to be around me ....

I'm 5'5" with dark brown hair and have hazel eyes but I guess my skinniness is on my side. Finally 4th period ended and I was on my way to 5th period my last period before lunch, when I walked passed a group of girls who appeared at first to be just talking then when they saw me they stopped and stared and gave me death glares. That's when I realized that they had been talking about me. Of course who wouldn't be me the girl who, obviously by now you've probably figured out, wasn't popular showing up with the hottest most popular guy in the school. I hated being the center of gossip. I was glad when I made it to 5th period and was glad it was really interesting so I didn't have time to think about Jeremy or the girls who were previously in the hall talking about me. My 5th period class passed surprisingly fast and then it was time for lunch.